Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Shoulda Known Better...

For your amusement and amazement today I would like to share an experience I had while purchasing a simple futon.

After a futile local search, I went online to order the perfect piece.  The look of the futon was right plus the price point was perfect and I need extra sleeping space for the cottage.

So, I call to place my order.  Yes, the futon is in stock for advertised price.  "Okay, you realize that the drawers pictured are extra.  Do you still want them.?"  Yeah, I guess-thought they were built in.  "Would you like to add a mattress?"  Well, duh...I thought it came with.  Add one in, please.  "No you don't want the one pictured-it's like sleeping on a paper towel."  Uh, okay, I'll take the 'better' one. "Would you like a cover for the mattress?"  Oh, the one pictured isn't included?  "No, click here to see options."  Okay.  I'll take the blue and white striped cover.  "Did you want the stripes?  They are extra."  Huh?  "Yes, the stripes are custom piping."  Sheesh.... I'll take it.  "You realize that with the thicker mattress you will need an extra thick cover and it's an additional cost."  FINE.  "Now all you need is the grips that keep the mattress from slipping."  Sure, throw them there-Lord knows, I don't want anyone sliding off the futon.

Can you believe this?  By then I was so exhausted, that I just purchased at almost double the price advertised.  What a scam and I am the ultimate sap.  In all my years of retail, I never learned the art of the upsale to that degree.

So please, someone plan to come and stay at the cottage and sleep on that futon!  I can guarantee you won't slip off!

Have a wonderful week, Dolls.  I'll just be here....bein' a sap!  XO

No comments: