Monday, August 12, 2019

Pass at Me...

On Friday morning I hauled my cookies out of bed early to get a jump start on the 'The Yard Sale Trail.'  In case you are unaware the YST is 150 miles of yard and garage sales that start in New Baltimore and end in Sebawing, Michigan.  I had my gear for the weekend packed, my waist wallet strapped on with plenty of cash.  I had a large Tim Ho's iced coffee in hand as well as a packed lunch and a full gas tank.  Rock and Roll hottchiecoo!

My pursuit of nautical antiques and such started in Port Huron and proceeded north.  I perused many sales on the lakeside and risked life and limb crossing M25 to check out the other side.  Many sales later, I had purchased 2 burlap bags to reupholster a bench and an old wooden puzzle that had the states and their capitals outlined.  My grand total was $2.00.  Many sales later,  I pondered cool things from used deodorant (what the hell?) to used Harley Davidson motorcycles.  Lots of interesting stuff, but nothing that truly rang my bell. Not even a single velvet Elvis!

By the time I hit Lexington, I was ready for lunch.  I pulled over at a beautiful roadside stop and enjoyed my packed goodies at a picnic table in the sun, with a view of the lake. Pure Michigan, I tell ya!

I proceeded on and finally gave up.  I didn't need any cheap knock off anything's and I was ready to chill out at the cottage.  It was a fun day and a learning experience-both in resale as well as humanity.

Now if I can only find a bench to use those cool coffee sacks!  Have a great week my Lovelies! XO





No comments: