Monday, August 5, 2019

Room to Follow...

Happy August!!

As many of you know, Randy and I's dream beach house is finally being built.  Years of planning and dreaming is being realized as we speak.  It's very exciting as well as a giant hassle.  There are so many details and decisions to be made.  And of course, it's taking much longer that expected.

The new digs are on the property we already own and have enjoyed for years.  Our old beach house was tiny-440 square feet of paradise with a 550 square foot deck.  We actually had a 'tiny house' before it was a thing.  It has been our place of escape and solace, and we loved it.  BUT, it was time.  We are ready for a little more wiggle room plus insulation and a real kitchen.  And closets!  I will now have an extra bedroom and guest bath for family and friends.  The new modern style is more of a reflection of our personal taste. One more BUT here.....we had to demo the old place.

On a chilly day in June, Randy, Mark and I stood by while our little haven was knocked over and scooped up into a truck.  We had already rescued all of the personal items that will be used in the new place.  So, when it crumbled, I was totally okay.  That little place did what it was supposed to do and I'll never forget the good times.  As a person not attached to things, I will always have my fond memories.

So onward and upward.  The extra room and comfort of the new place will probably have us spending a little more time up north.  You know I love the beach, so that's cool with me.

 Cheers to the little beach shack and may she rest in peace.  Have a wonderful week, my pretties!

No comments: