Sunday, February 1, 2009

Afternoons and Coffeespoons.....


It's the cold, quiet time of year that I sometime look forward to when the heat and parties of the summer wear me out. Now, not an extra moment is spent outside (no yard work!) and the routine of starting my car early is firmly in place--and Ruby Dee's auto start makes that easy. The fireplace is on 12 hours a day providing much to the lazy atmosphere, and even the pets are piled up there, lounging about. My list of winter home projects has been largely untouched with the paint samples sitting awaiting decision. I am wearing the coziest clothes and socks available. Dark chocolate brownies provide the perfect aroma. (I baked!) (and ate!) Caught a great documentary called "Running the Sahara" and in a rare burst of energy, was inspiration for me to go slogging thru 3 miles on my treadmill. Learned quickly I'd never make it in the Sahara--running or otherwise. Looking forward to having lunch tomorrow with a favorite cousin that I never see, although she lives just around the way. Am into an intriguing new book. So why do I feel like I should be "doing" something? Hmmmm. Let me think on that one. I have always wanted to take a martial arts class, but nah, my boxing class is close enough. Tap dancing and voice lessons are on the back of my mind, but that would take effort, commitment and PRACTICE. I should organize my ipod and closet for that matter, but hey, maybe next week when I have more time. Maybe. I have some pics that need framing, but I'll wait for the 40% off coupons to appear. Oh, hey! Now, this is good. In a moment of ambition, I rounded up all old gold jewelry items no longer worn and collected a cool $1,400.00 from my girl Kara, at Atlas Jewelers. Quite the modern day pirate wench, I yam! AND, she even hooked me up with some new bling to boot. Whoo Hoo! But I digress. No sense in redoing the office till after I pillage it for tax info. I even blew off a weekend skiing trip, cuz it's cold and I gotta pack and it's a such a long drive.... Now how lazy can I be not to go on a weekend getaway? Not sure I want to "get away". Get away from what? Instead, I took a page out of Lola's book and decided to just catch a snooze. We plan to join friends, Tom and Kara to watch the Superbowl. Not really a football fan but the lure of friends, beer, and pizza will be entertainment enough for my lazy butt. I was a cheerleader for 3 years in high school and barely learned the difference between "hold that line" and "push 'em back", much to my Dad's coaching and chagrin. Guess I was always paying attention to other things. Hope nobody minds if I read the new book during the game. Maybe I'll even be able to stay awake... But that would take effort and commitment... Enjoy the game or whatever works for you. xoxo





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

please tell me you dont have another animal in the house, you are going to start looking like an animal shelter. hehe. you could start to pack for the annual migration to the keys. i need to start tanning, maybe start trying to loose some extra pounds. if you listen close you can hear me getting fatter. what the hell. will talk soon. steve

Charles Gramlich said...

Reminds me of lazy days I spent napping in front of the fireplace.

JR's Thumbprints said...

As the years roll by I get less tolerant of the cold weather and prefer to stay indoors. Unfortunately, the same is true for those hot summer days; my doc says the sun'll kill me, so again I spend more time indoors. Still, I can't wait for spring. I can't wait to get my Ugly Stick out, talk with the locals, and fish from shore.

the walking man said...

Pajamas in the day time...

Anonymous said...

We love our pets. They give so much love. Macy is so cute. We had fun with friends at our house for the Superbowl. it sure looked warm in Florida where the game was played. I did over indulge an the snacks. Yummy!!!

Erik Donald France said...

This year's Super Bowl lived up to the hype, and how about Bruce just shy of 60 running around like a wild man? Loved every minute of it!

Not to mention the Yuenglings ;->

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey gorgeous,

I hear you on this one. I don't want to do anything these days except read and write! I'd die in the Sahara and can barely contemplate going to Spain even though the new Woody Allen dvd makes it look like Heaven. xoxo, m

jodi said...

Steve, No we will not be adopting any more "animules." That is Macy in the pic. It's warmin' up, JR, fish on! WM-pajamas anytime!! Rose, u rock. Eric, Bruce can still bust it out! Saw him once, up close and he gives it his all. Michella-we are lazy slugs. xoxo