Sunday, March 29, 2009

Thru the Fire.........


Happy Sunday all. Hope this finds you doing the on the seventh day you rest thing. We cannot be expected to 'create' everyday! On this day you can find me once again flyin' the (hopefully) friendly skies--destination San Francisco, where I will be for a week. My beautiful sister in law, Cheryl, has a work conference there and invited me to tag along. My friends Gary and Dwayne and their 2 precious daughters are there too, so I plan to visit and kiss the cheeks off of all of them!


Meanwhile back at the ranch, I recently viewed the movie 'Transsiberian'. Fast paced and suspenseful, the movie shows you how easily things can get out of control with devastating results. The once elegant Transsiberian has fallen to ruin and is more of a transport for anything but glamorous travelers. I found the scenery breathtaking--albeit a little snowy--and exotic. I don't want to give much more away, because I urge you to see it.


The lead female character, Jesse, quotes Tennessee Williams with his famous, "kill all my demons and my angels might die too."uijjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj/.j-,{MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPZXAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA{M (This last piece of the quote was contributed by Lola, who chose to light on my keyboard when I took a little break.) Naturally, the beauty of the quote with it's angels and demons implications attracted my interest. I understood it in Jesse's situation, but wanted to think of the idea a little deeper.
Is it as simple as understanding our human duality? With the good comes the bad? If it was possible to kill what haunts us, would the quality that makes us human die too? Demons and angels are sometimes not that far apart. A simple choice or quick decision can be all that separates them. After all, the devil, Lucifer, was once God's favorite angel. There was just that one little hitch in that Lucifer considered himself above his master, a sin that got him tossed out of paradise. He remains in his own inferno trying to lure us in. Can we balance the two without killing either of these qualities and disturbing the amalgam that is us? And would we want to? Seems we were created this way as a test, to be forgiven some of the small infractions. I think the best we can do is walk the line or at least try to straddle it. It's a given that we will fall. And our personal demons that haunt us, sometime are beyond our power to heal.

Personally, I would not be me without a little "devil". I like to indulge in most of the seven deadly sins and sometimes do not feel the urge to repent for this. It's simply the temptation that is part of life. Without that basic humanity, it would be hard to be even interesting. And what would I go on and on about on 'the jspot'? Looking forward to hearing from all you wonderful angels and devils. xoxoxo


7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like the setting for a fun week. I'd like to visit San Fran some day. Enjoy.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Movies.
Travel.
I'm envious. I need to get out of that hell hole called prison.

What's with the white space? Made me dizzy gettin' to the comments section. Felt like I was falling.

Erik Donald France said...

But whatever lies behind the door
there is nothing much to do...
angel or devil, I don't care
for in front of that door...
there is you. -- David Bowie ;->

Right on, also reminding that even villains in stories need something sympathetic or interesting if they're to work well in fiction, right?

Have fun in SF!

the walking man said...

Travel well Jodi.

Why not let personal evolution decide what aspect of the self needs changing?

noisysmile said...

OMGOSH I want your cat!

Have fun!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey gorgeous,

Have a great trip! A little devil is a good thing! xox, m

jodi said...

Charles, Please grab Miss Lana and visit SFO. J.R.-thought of you when I saw Alcatraz! Eric-It's part of all of us, I guess. WM-Personal evolution and growth is the ONLY was any need will appear. Noisysmile--Welcome! I'd tell Lola what you said, but her head is big enough. Read more about my darling Bengal on my Feb.'08 post titled, "Her name was Lola." Michelle--us devils gotta stick together! xo