Sunday, April 12, 2009

Counting Blue Cars.......

Happy Easter to everyone! I am currently on the sofa, enjoying a (semi) food coma while pondering some very important things. Sister in law extraordinaire, Cheryl, did it up with a wonderful dinner. So now I'm too lazy to take a walk or do anything productive so some useless brain strain is about as strenuous as it's gonna get. Maybe I'll just solve the worlds mysteries and get it over with...

Burning question #732. Can someone please explain to me why Major Nelson would never let Jeannie use some of her powers to make their lives easier? My God, all that messing around with NASA when Jeannie just had to fold her arms and nod her head and your wish was her command. What an uptight putz. And then he gets to go on and act the role of that bad ass, J.R. Ewing. Boggling. And even more perplexing--will I ever, before I die, be thin enough to wear that cute costume for Halloween?


And why does anyone suppose that ANYONE cares what Donnie Osmond's 'greatest fear' is? Ya gotta be kiddin' me. I bet it's that this insane gravy train he's ridin' on FINALLY derails. I'm just sayin'....


Why after all these years, (do I have to say how many?) that Michigan weather STILL confounds me? I put away all my winter garb on April 01, as always, in anticipation of spring, only to freeze my cookies off a week later off in open-toe heels on a 20 degree night. In two inches of fresh snow. C'mon idiot--learn already! (on second thought, maybe Michelle (Michelle's Spell) could answer that for me. I fear we suffer the same conundrum.)


Why do I have to spot the biggest possum I've ever seen in my life on my back porch eating food I put out for the local stray kitty? All those years in northern Michigan and I have to move to the city to see one that is the size of a small pig. Gross. P.E.T.A be damed, I want that thing DEAD. (or at least at some other kitty's buffet) Get to steppin' ugly rat beady eyed thing.


Which feels worse: being too hungry or being too full? Although I experienced both today, I still can't answer that. Dinner, Oreo cake, and a Cadbury Cream egg, all mean more treadmill time tomorrow. So maybe being too full. But the hungry sucked too...... I got nuthin'



And lastly, how could anyone love someone enough to suffer a painful and humiliating death to save them? I know of only one person. And on this day especially, I will take the time to consider one of the greatest questions of all. Happy Easter to everyone and take time to enjoy the miracle. xoxo

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I wondered taht about Major Nelson myself. What a loser. And the same for Darren and Samantha.

the walking man said...

You do know that is why there is an imponderable question category, right?

rosegarden said...

happy easter to you. There are some questions that just don't have an answer. 80's and warm here. having fun eating and eating. Wish I could do the jeannie thing and make time move a little slower.

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey gorgeous,

I laughed my ass off on the Donnie Osmond paragraph. Dear God, that man has been riding the ride for a long time. Bad Tiny has a dog for Sissy Lynn that plays "Puppy Love." Nightmare. As for the Detroit weather, I hear you! Got to wear the sandals sometimes, right?! xo, Good Tiny

JR's Thumbprints said...

I spent a Thanksgiving Day with Donnie and his wife after his "Soldier of Love" tour in Detroit many moons ago. He wasn't to thrilled when I mentioned how all these older women were waving Donnie Osmond dolls in the air. At the time, he was trying to remake his image into a rock-n-roll guy. Some things cannot be change.

jodi said...

Charles, I forgot about Darren and Samantha! Freaks!. WM- Huh? Please explain. Rose-105 bench press! U make me ROCK! Michelle-"Puppy Love" dog toy? I rest my case! April is sandal time, NO MATTER WHAT!! (Jodi rule #120) J.R.- You are totally right! I don't think poor Don ever had a fan base of his peers. And an image change? Impossible!