Sunday, August 9, 2009

Diver Down..


The "Lobsta Mobsta"(s) are at it again! I can't believe another year has rolled by so quickly. Once again we have made our annual pilgrimage to the Florida Keys for Lobsterpalooza 2009. My post dated Tuesday, August 05, 2008 gets into the particulars of netting spiny lobster if you are so inclined.

Suffice it to say, I am just crazy chillin'. I have read 2 books already. (one "serious" and one serious "trash"!) I found a cool used bookstore aptly named "Hooked on Books"--in keeping with the local pastime. Picked up 6 more treasures that lay in wait. If you borrow a book from me, while on vaycay, there is a good chance that some of the pages are a little water splashed, as likely it has been enjoyed while I float in the pool.
While I have always enjoyed Lobsterfest, I also have been known to grumble about leaving Michigan in August when the weather I've waited for all year has finally arrived. Leaving the beach house for 90+ weather doesn't always thrill me. (The lobster season is based on when the bugs do their annual march, and they arrive at the keys around August 6, so that is how the timing of that all works.) Not the case this summer. As some of you know, it has been a chilly, rainy season--and I was only too happy to get outta dodge.

Plan to get down to Key West for some shopping. There are MANY galleries and funky boutiques that lure me like the call from a mermaid. The food is locally caught and luscious, but my favorite thing is the popcorn that the same vendor has been selling forever. I score a double Margarita from Sloppy Joe's or the Bull, get the popcorn hookup, and I am good to go. You know I am a simple girl, with simple tastes....... xoxo
P.S. I give Wil the "Two Thumbs up, a Wiggle, and a Twist" award for the funniest comment. I do love a creative remark. Keep it Dude, but just know, I WILL get you back!!! P.P.S.S. what's with the dude winning the lottery TWICE? Good Lord, that's uncanny. Hope he is able to do something good with the dough. xoxo




12 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Serious trash is probably better than serious.

Anonymous said...

its 92 and humid here, someday i have to make the migration the lobster make except i think i will be going the other direction. i found the video you spoke of. here is the link.http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&ei=Oxp_Sv70OZCKNseR7OEC&resnum=0&q=spiny+lobster+migration&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Pxp_StytNZHSNarO9fYC&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4# i copy and pasted..hehe have fun as i am sure you will. you have go to the dab and have one for the lad and i steve

Erik Donald France said...

Funky funky but chic ;->

Sounds very fun, topped with a margarita ;->

Anonymous said...

That's more like it, dance for me I say, dance! Feel free to come over and bash my Blackhawks post today, I'm sure you'll have some comments for that. That is all, Breckenridge.

Wil Harrison.com

Anonymous said...

BTW, who's that kissing the crab, Brigitte Nielsen?

Wil Harrison.com

rosegarden said...

hey hey hope you are having a great time. Lots of rain this weekend and very humid. Have a cocktail for me. kissing a loster?!!!Needs butter!!

JR's Thumbprints said...

It's humid as soup here in the "D". No need for Florida this time of year.

the walking man said...

Uhhh Is that the kiss of death for that lobster?

Travis Erwin said...

Now that is a photo for the ages.

noisysmile said...

I could go for a margarita and some popcorn right now. But kissing lobsters? Nope. But hey whatever floats your boat : )

jodi said...

Charles, A little trash goes a long way..Anon/Steve-Miss u and can't wait for the day you can join us. I certainly tipped one for You and the Lad!x Erik-Funky Monkey's LOVE Margaritas! Wil-Even I can't bash a dude when he's down. Do you mean Myra? And the lobster is a great change up from frogs. Less slimy! Roses-wine and lobster for you, soon! JR-at least we have the "Keys breeze" to cool us! Mark, the lobster was still alivein the pic! Travis-thanks and welcome! Noisysmile-Yummy stuff!xoxo

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey gorgeous,

Love this picture! I'm totally digging the post. xox, your Bad Tiny!