Sunday, August 30, 2009

Something about You.......

How 'bout me, lookin' all studious and shit?

In joining many of my blog friends this week thanks, admiration and awe, to Mark (Walking Man) and Charles (Razored Zen) on their recent book achievements. Mark, I read yours while waiting for the judge to levee the fine on my recent speeding misunderstanding. It helped to soften the financial blow I created for myself. I loved it. (but not the fine!) You have seen so much and view it through such honest, humane eyes. My years in Detroit hold many stories-tho I can't express them with your candor. Maybe if I tell you some of 'em, you will get a kick.(?)

Charles, I received your book from Amazon promptly upon ordering it. However, in order to read the full thing, I will have to pry it from my son's hot little hands. He is an aspiring writer who says he has learned alot from your suggestions. Between you and Mark, hopefully, he will get his story out.

Another thanks to Michelle, beautiful girl, (Remergence) for showing this technical idiot how to finally put links to y'all on my site. And introducing me to the delights of the "Peach Tart"! Let's get together soon for some more giggles! Hope I haven't forgotten anyone......

Found a feral mama cat in our woodpile at the beach house this weekend. (how's that for a segue?) Her two babies were as small as mice. Our friend, Ivan, i.d. 'em as approximately 2 weeks old. Lola and I treated them to a can of chicken and gravy. About 10 minutes later, I spotted a large eagle soaring over. Pray with me that the kittens survive. This may be the reason we have had no mice this season. Yay! Also witnessed a doe with her darling, spotted fawn meandering down the beach about 90 feet from where I sat typing this. I would so love to pet them. Lovely, sweet nature abounds!

Happy Sunday to all on this feelslikefall day. Might even be inspired to throw something in the crock pot, later. Enjoy.... xoxo P.S. that dog, Wil (wilharrison) once again gets the top comment award. I might as well award him cuz he will take the honors himself if I don't! I LOVE my blogfriends... Samootches.



15 comments:

Mona said...

Whoa! Double whammy!

& This Sunday blogger refuses to upload images for me!

Anonymous said...

Grassyass there Sugar Buns for the comment appreciation. I seem to do my best work in the comment section cause it certainly ain't in my posts! AWW SNAPPAGE! Self deprecating humor alert!

I got a feeling I'm gonna pull Mona over to the Wil Harrison.com sooner or later. Come on Mona, "The power of my stupidity compels you!" It only hurts the first time.

Also, this just in: Your librarian/soccer MILF look kind of makes me feel all swirly in my forbidden zone. That is all, Breckenridge.

Wil Harrison.com

Erik Donald France said...

It;s exciting, isn't it? Both Mark and Charles blasting away brilliantly. Love it! (Cool pic, too)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Missed you this weekend, but we had a great time at the wedding! Can't wait to see you next weekend!

Charles Gramlich said...

What a great background for Mark and my books! ;)

I'm glad your son is finding it interesting. I appreciate that. Yes, Mark did an excellent job with Stink!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey gorgeous,

Love both the books you mentioned. The studious look is great for you! xo

lady grinning soul said...

beautiful? heh, you're too kind.

isn't peachie the greatest? :]

i hope the baby kittens are ok :[

the walking man said...

Why thank yo very much Jodi...you have excellent tastes in reading material.

Heff said...

Very honorable of you to purchase both.

JR's Thumbprints said...

That's a mighty big chair to fill, and you mention some all too familiar bloggers. I've got to catch up on some reading myself (blogs & books).

Anonymous said...

Go Big Red!

buffalodick said...

First timer... you seem pretty cool! Mona likes you, so that's like a free pass- and you're from the Mitt, Michigan, my Michigan!

rosegarden said...

Love the smart school teacher look. keep on reading.

jodi said...

Mona-check out Wil, he's harmless-mostly! Wil-SNAPPAGE to YOU! I don't know if Mona will drink your koolaid, tho! Luv, Brecks Erik-we give our guys props don't we! Charles-I am honored to have someone like you even LOOK at my site. Tell Lana that is the "Wyland" I have mentioned in the background of new post. Anon/Cheryl-the weekend is always comin'!xo Michelle, if I can only fool some of the people some of the time....Wandering Savant-look in the mirror, babe! Mama moved the baby kitties. boohoo. Peachie delights! Mark, It was my pleasure. The book is powerful and sweet. Kinda like the Walking Man. Hef- Aw Hefster, I am honored to read em!J.R. It IS a big chair. It's by the fireplace and I love to sit there and read. Lestat-HUH? Buffalodick-Welcome! Are you from Michigan? Chinese guy-EFF OFF! Rosegarden-just me bein' me.xo

noisysmile said...

I need to purchase Mark's book. He's such a brilliant writer. And I don't know what it is about baby animals these past couple of months, but I've actually been finding a lot of them, most dead or on their way to being dead :(. But there's been a few that have been tiny and cute and alive.