Sunday, November 8, 2009

Demolition Love....

As you can see, it's not all glamour! As I have mentioned before, fall is my time to nest and start new projects. This week with the help of friend and guywhocandoANYTHING, I installed flooring in my dining room and living room. After a quick tutorial from Brian about the compound mitre saw--complete with warnings about cutting off my digits--the work began! With the exception of the custom cuts, I did all of the saw work! 10 hours later, both rooms are done and I LOVE it! Learning new skills is my passion and now I am setting up to redo my fireplace with some cool glass tiles. Funnily enough, I was more sore after that day than my normal gym workout! Told Brian I would be happy to crew with him anytime--just for the workout. And the obvious immediate satisfaction. xx tO the ever patient Brian.



Rose (friend and walking buddy extraordinaire) and I took the Mickster on a 5 mile walk on the path and enjoyed the gorgeous weather and leaf colors. I love the sight and smell of the leaves on the ground once they have started to dry up. Falling away for the next season. Afterwards we swung thru McDonald's for an ice tea. Large, unsweetened with lemon, please. I picked up my tea two windows later and gratefully took a sip. Ewwwww! Sweet tea! Okay, back around for a replacement. I politely informed girl at windows one and two, that I needed to trade for a UNSWEETENED tea, as I originally ordered. I was shooed up to window #3 where the girl informed me that I had, indeed, been served a regular tea. No, I said, it is sweet tea--taste if you like. Then the girl had the nerve to tell me I was wrong, but she would replace it just the same. Well, thank you so much, generous one. I then thanked her and asked her if she had ever heard that the customer is always right. Seemed she had never been privvy to that one. Really. Well, I stewed and even considered calling the manager, before I decided to just let it go and enjoy the tea.



So, now it's a beautiful Sunday and I have already worshipped at the altar of the Free Press/News and watched a number of HGTV tutorials that will help with my next redo. Thinking of heading out for a lap around Partridge Creek to enjoy the outdoor mall before the cold sets in. There must be SOMETHING I can't live without--even if it's just a good cup of coffee. That's it. I'm out. Enjoy life, work or play--it's a beautiful thing.... xoxo

8 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Busy (and cool projects) indeed -- and cool shot.

Coffee is most certainly something I can't do without, even for one day.

Charles Gramlich said...

You're considerably more handy with a saw than I am.

rosegarden said...

the floor turned out great!!! It was a wonderful day for a walk and it does make the rest of your day seem so much better. Always a good day for a stroll and shopping with a nice cup of coffee.

The Peach Tart said...

Wow you are quite talented.

the walking man said...

Never use the drive through or start the saw blade spinning while not looking at it.

Heff said...

You remembered to wear eye protection. Excellent.

JR's Thumbprints said...

I'm thinking about putting those Christmas Lights up (as soon as I clean the gutters).

One of these days you may run into me on those bike paths. Enjoy the weekend.

jodi said...

Erik, Coffee is my addiction and my love! Charles- I am learning every day! Rose-Our walks are perfection physically and mentally! Peach- I do what I can....WM-I was being uber careful and they won't let Mickey in McDonald's--quell horreur! Hef-I practice safe sawing. JR-perfect weather for those lights. I watch for ya all the time! xoxo to all. Stay happy and healthy..