Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's only Love....


Happy Thanksgiving weekend to everyone! We had a fabulous dinner hosted by friends Bill and Cindy and Bob and Julie. It was amazing with a looooong table decorated by the very talented Cindy with some help from my Goddaughter, Layne. xx We feasted! Joe, a darling retired fireman showed me the secret to the perfect turkey gravy and Cin and Jule's dressing was the best I've ever eaten! Usually our dinner is shared with family, but it worked out with friends on the actual day and family on the weekend. Thanks so much for the day and the dinner. Friends are something we are truly blessed with. Love you guys!


Shot up to Ossineke for the rest of the weekend. It was great to miss the holiday traffic by going a day late. (Very thankful!) Friday night was enjoyed at my Sister's restaurant Rosa's (can't believe I haven't bragged--I mean blogged about that place yet! Soon!) where I enjoyed a shrimp cocktail with shrimp the size of chicken legs and good bread. Yummy stuff. Laughed and hung out and decided that food and wine are taken for granted by most of us, but are truly on the top of my grateful list.


Saturday, we gathered for an old friends 50Th. birthday party. It was a surprise party and I was truly grateful NOT to be the honoree. I like attending but HATE to be the one to experience the mild heart attack when entering said affair. Always prefer a small, quiet affair where everyone isn't watching for my reaction! More friends, food, and family.......


My godchild (my first one) Nicole, teaches second grade and asked students what they were most thankful for. After lots of creative answers such as pets, nature, blankets, etc., one little girl just shrugged and said "love". Out of the mouths of babes...


So after all of my usual things: coffee, chocolate, friends and family, good wine and cheap champagne, health and security, freedom and faith--the greatest of these is love! I concur, little darling.


Love to all, you give me happiness and for this I am most thankful. xoxo P.S. I am also very thankful to Powerhouse gym where I will haul my big biscuit in the morning so Trainer Tony can knock some of the gravy off of it! Make way for the "Stuffing Butt Express"!

8 comments:

rosegarden said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. NOthing better than spending time with family and friends. We did some of that too. Thanks for the pic!! Time to get moving!! too much dessert!!!

The Peach Tart said...

sounds like a fabulous weekend with friends and family.

JR's Thumbprints said...

I've been walking the dog (not running) but damn damn damn it's getting cold! Might have to join the "Y" again. Those walks to Tucker Park are too long and too windy.

Erik Donald France said...

How cute! That's all so cool, thought I agree on the surprise party, not wanting to be the surprisee (reminds me too much of Mob movies!) I love Big Shrimp, Super Prawn. Makes me hungry thinking about it'

the walking man said...

And the best part is not worrying about the gravy or the biscuit being over cooked. They's just fine.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good feasting time!

Its so true, that the children see more clearly than we can ever see. Only...they do not know that they see...

Mona said...

ah! & that is such a cute kitty!

jodi said...

Rosegarden-we will have to get up to Rosa's soon! Peachie-it was what the doc ordered! JR-Maybe you should by the dog those bootie things? Erik-it was fun! WM-awww, I lubs ya. Mona-Thank you, Lola is my snuggle baby! Thanks everyone for your constant commments. It mean so much to me. xoxoxo