Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blue Moon.....


Sometimes there is no accounting for good taste, as witnessed here at some pre wedding festivities. Buddy Mike just could not resist adding the moon to an otherwise sunny day. (Thanks Rose for the good quip!) Needless to say, a good time was had by all..

My whole family and many friends have convened on lovely Marco Island for the wedding of my gorgeous, supermodel niece, Laurel and her handsome fiance, Ben. There is a certain deliriousness and lawlessness involved in moving the party 5 states south--as witnessed poolside.

I've been spending time walking on Tigertail Beach which is approximately 6 miles long and then quenching my thirst with a local cocktail--or four. My sweet nieces are here from California and are stealing the show with all their 'cuteness'. Everyone is in high spirits to say the least.

The wedding takes place on the beach today at 5:30 and will be followed by what promises to be yet another fun party. I hear there is sushi!! How my heels are going to negotiate the sand is yet to be determined...

Congrats and best wishes to Laurel and Ben. May your life be sweet and happy and filled with the compromise and compassion that it takes to stay together for life. All my love and support, Auntie Jodi xo

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'd be afraid to be at this party. I might not live thorugh it.

Unknown said...

Have fun!!!

rosegarden said...

your welcome.!!! A little fun in the sun sounds great. Remember what hapens in Florida stays in Florida!! Send pics. As for the heels, you can maneuver them anywhere.

JR's Thumbprints said...

I'm just very very thankful that the pic is in black and white.

I guess as long as there's no Snickers floating in the pool, than everyone's comfortable and having fun.

the walking man said...

Why the hell didn't everyone just get the ol' moon out?

Mona said...

that man looks so happy in the pic. Maybe since he does not have to wear a bra for support!

And someone doesn't need the lower support either :)

Anonymous said...

If the camera shot would of caught a little more.... you would have titled your blog "Blue Balls!" LOL

Have fun chicky!
Benjammin

Erik Donald France said...

Too funny. . . looks like a "blast" was had by all . . .

I've heard that name "Tigertail" before, a Seminole dude I think.

Cheers!

jodi said...

Charles-it WAS touch and go at times..Kels-of that u can be sure of! rosegarden-I got sand in my Nicole Millers! JR-Believe it or not, we do have a modicum (small tho it is) of class. Besides it's almost halloween, so we gotta save the Snickers..Mark-One moon was enough for the peeps at the pool NOT involved in our par-tay! Mona, I agree. I would love to be as free as the dude. Ben-we saw enough-thank you! Erik-Blow,blow Seminole wind. It's very possible cuz the Seminoles are prevalent in south Florida. I'll be looking that one up! Enjoy the full moon, friends and get the candy ready! xoxo