Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cadillac Style....

It's April in the D! And that found me in Detroit to join all the revelry associated with the season opener of our Detroit Tigers. Oh, yes, I was. Dressed in polar fleece. Hmmmm...mmm. I could go skiing or to a ball game. Can you believe it was 48 degrees at game time and only had JUST stopped drizzling in time for the fly over. I did have, in addition to the 4 layers, (my Keys blood is so thin!) my groovy soft Tiger blanket that a dude at the mall soaked me for. And lucky for me, it was the blanky that kept me warm till about the seventh inning when the sun finally came out. Normally I would dig right in to the beer and peanuts thing, but when the guy called out, 'cold beeeerrr', I answered with 'hot chocolate'! Large please. Had great seats and saw an action packed game in which the Tigs were victorious. Wish the rest of the series would have continued in the same fashion, but it's early in the season and ya can't win 'em all.

As with most events in Detroit, the people watching reined supreme. Even the parking structure held parties by groups that had no intention of entering the park! The Elwood was packed with crazies gettin' their drunk on and losing their voices. The dude with the tiger print suit was in proud attendance, and the guy that features himself the pimp in orange was wandering about feelin' his pimp hand. The usual amount of tartlets that dressed like it was 80 degrees could be spotted freezin' their asses off while looking remarkably hot--and stupid.


Saturday I thawed out and relaxed, and later hit Luigii's with friends for dinner. And lo and behold, on Sunday the temp climbed to 78! Now we're talkin'! I actually dressed like one of those tartlets and enjoyed the sunshine and dug into the newest book in the 'Earth Children' series by Jean Auel. Some barbecued chicken and a movie finished off a great weekend.


Hope yours was wonderful, too. Spring is here, or almost anyways. Keep the faith, Babes!! xo



7 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

Would you believe I've only been to 2 Detroit Tigers baseball games? Once as a boyscout & once during my college days.

Hey, Honorary Therapist, it wasn't long after speaking with you that I figured out who has been "running interference." All it took was that CID on the phone to figure it out. Thanks. We'll have to get together again. Had coffee with Mark this morning. Erik, another Honorary Therapist, sent me a Ramones CD amongst other things. You guys are great!

Erik Donald France said...

Glad you had the appropriate layers to keep warm, and stylish ones to boot. The background looks like Bladerunner -- all those various things hovering in sight . . .

Cheers to the Motor City contingent!

Charles Gramlich said...

Freezing tartlets looking hot. There's a story in there, or at least a haiku!

Heff said...

Damnit ! Charles beat me to your tartlets !


I Love to Polar....

Anonymous said...

Love the Wings!!!! 2 -0 lead over the Oats.

rosegarden said...

Love our Tigers and they did not dissapoint on opening day!! You sure looked cute in all you rlayers. Gotta go to a game when a few less pieces of clothing is required. Need our Mike's and peanuts!!

jodi said...

JR-Let's do coffe again soon. I call ya! Erik-doesn't the city look great!? Charles-Pop Tarts in many flavors! Heff-welcome back, slacker!!! How do you 'polar'? Bama Trav-Yes, buddy, Wings DO rule. I can almost hear that old Willy cryin...Rose-You are so nice to say that! And yes we need to go get our peanuts and check out the new rears! xo to all and thanks for your loyal support. xo