Sunday, April 17, 2011

Turn the Page....

Dig this pic of JR and I on our coffee and chat recently at Big Apple Bagels. I was all vacation sloth-like while Jim is as lean as a cat due to loooong, daily runs to the beach. I've heard running can help lift your mood but I prefer food and wine--hence the post vaycay chub!!! So how do you actually help a friend who's low? I hate to see anyone I care about in pain, but what really works in the way of helping to ease it? I've been grouped in a very special category with The Walking Man, as an honorary therapist, but all I've done is slurp coffee-that JR bought--and listen. It's sorta like a funeral where there are no words-available or necessary. Desperately, I sometimes fall back on the old chestnuts, you know, all things for a reason and when one door shuts, one door opens and the such. As inane as they sound, there is a bit of truth to 'em. As humans we just slog along thru the mud-or mud throwing-and eventually things even out and seem better. Or maybe it's just that we finally adjust to our new situations. Changes or shake ups in our routines are scary, especially after a long time of familiarity and comfort. Maybe the change has left us more open to something different-and dare we say better. Who can say? Time doesn't heal all wounds, but it does give us a chance to fill our days with new diversions. So much for all my womanly insights as a gal who's been to more than one rodeo.... The only things I know for sure that it doesn't matter what people think of us. It's not our responsibility to care about what they think. Your friends know the truth without being told. xo P.S. After numerous attempts to create paragraphs-what you see it what you get! Blogger refused to place nice. :( P.P.S.S. Detroit sports are rockin' the D! Tigers and Red Wings and new Pistons owners. Oh my...

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

He looking pretty lean fer shore. It's never easy to help a friend through hard times.

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Jodi, you are in no way chub, but JR must eat more! The whole thing is rough, glad you and WM are there to listen. And yes on finding new diversions . . . always a good idea . . .

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey beautiful,
You look gorgeous and I hope Jim had a sandwich at the shop! Jim is very lucky to have you and Mark as supports -- divorce sucks and the old chestnuts come in handy during times of stress. xo

JR's Thumbprints said...

Thanks Jodi,
You and Mark are the best. I am now an "employed, homeless man," and I'm still running like Forrest Gump.

Cheri said...

<3 You're a great person, Jodi!!

the walking man said...

Hey Jodi I been with the same woman almost 30 years I need some comforting too? hahahahahahaha


Leave the skinny guy to be running he's doing OK. Besides some crazy person is sending him weird music through the mail. Which I am certain helps.


OH look paragraphs. heheheheeheh

Wil said...

Wassup gurl?

Mona said...

Ok, first of all, go to your blogger settings, click formatting and click yes to 'convert line breaks'. That will give you paragraphs.

My! Look at you both. As slim and trim as...( I am lost for words)

...and then when you don't have words to say, just hug them!

Happy Easter!

jodi said...

Charles-I enjoy meeting with JR and we manage to have a few laughs! Erik-thanks-u are a Doll! Diversions ARE necessary! Michelle, JR looks forward to your 'perspective' on the whole marriage thing. xo JR-I am enjoying seeing you. Now, when are ya gonna teach my big buscuit to run? Cheri, thanks girl. I used to read your blog and looked forward to the rest of your story, when you went private. Can I get back in? I want to see those baby pics!!Mark, crazy person? Crazier than you? You need some comforting? Great cuz I can use a HUG! xo Will-Where ya been, schmuck? Get to bloggin'! I have missed your snarky comments!!! Mona, I checked my settings as you recommended and they ARE set that way. I will check again! You are right, sometimes are ears and arms are the most powerful 'helps'. Thanks again, guys for all of the wonderful things you say. It always makes me feel so good. xo