Sunday, June 12, 2011

Feels like the first time....



Two dear dollfriends of mine, Lexi and Elle, experienced their first ever concert this past Saturday. They were among the screaming mass at Ford Field watching Taylor Swift do her thing. They were dolled up and fueled with lots of sugar to make it thru to the late ending of the show. Reports are that they loved it--and you never do forget your first concert with all it's overwhelming nature.


My first concert? The Doobie Brothers at Castle Rock Theatre. Very cool in that loud, damp outside air that left me hoarse the next day. My date drove an El Camino, I think it rained, I know there was lotsa pot and that's about all I remember. Just as well.. I need you Cookies to think back and let me know your 'virgin' concert experiences! Even you old dudes-and you know who you are...

First trip out on the Zodiac was a success and apps (oh, and wine) at Crew's Inn were delicious. Maiden voyage without a hitch. First NBA championship ring for King James may or may not happen-the game is on as I speak. Go Heat! Luis-DO NOT have the big one!


Spent today almost solely on Ancestry.com where after a week and a half, I can report almost having ONE tree completed. 8 hours on the keyboard is most assuredly a first for me, but I am determined to finish this journey. Oh-got stung by a bee! The first one of the summer. I always get stung every year and every year I forget how much it HURTS and for how long. Used white vinegar for the homeopathic remedy, but remember my Mom putting mud on the angry red welt when I was a child..


So, y'all let me know about that concert thing, k? I've got to get back to the game! Go Miami, if Detroit can win it, it might as well be you!


Enjoy life, my pretties....xoxo

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

First concert was Z. Z. Top. The guy that drove got so wasted he couldn't drive home, and I'd never even been in Little ROck before. Everyone else was pretty bad off too.So was I but I ended up driving home. And we lived to tell the tale.

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Jodi, you look very content in the pic -- nice!

First "real" concert was the Rolling Stones, Some Girls tour 1978. See Charles' comment for general vibe of to and fro . . .

First time I danced in h.s. was to a Doobie Bros. song . . . I remember the girl I danced with wore a sort of I Dream of Jeannie costume.

Anonymous said...

Ozzy and the Crue.

Mrs. Ivan said...

Never been to an official "concert" yet Jodi. I know, I live a very sheltered life :)

rosegarden said...

I will fess up that my first concert was Boy George
In the Big D(detroit)!!! I was 19 ond on a date. Had a blast dancing on my seat and singing away!! Been to a bunch of concerts since then. but that first one was a favorite memory!!

jodi said...

Charles, aren't we all lucky to have lived to tell the tale? Erik-I am always content when sippin' n suppin' at the Crew's Inn! OOooh, I have always coveted an 'I dream of Jeannie' costume!! Bama-Ozzie, not so much, but the Crue, HELL YEA! Mrs. Ivan-what am I gonna do with you? Rose-Boy George?! OMG! How fun! Thanks all for your answers. I love it. Enjoy our sweet weather--summer is finally here. Muaahhhh! j