Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Lion Sleeps Tonight...

Can I just share my idea of a perfect fall Sunday? Slept in late (9:00) and woke to the smell of fresh coffee. Followed my nose down to the kitchen where Mickey anxiously waited for me to get my cup before heading out to get the Sunday paper. Marveled at the beauty of the day and the smell of the crisp, fall air and 65 degree temperature. Had more coffee while perusing the paper with Dane. Got as far as I have ever made it on the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle. Was treated to a wonderful breakfast cooked by my son that even included the clean up! Decided that a late morning nap was in order. Crashed out with Lola for a heavenly hour before deciding that the day was too lovely to spend indoors. Got in our gear and headed downtown to tailgate with friends and other crazy Lions fans. Ate nachos with yummy Bloody Mary's at Vivio's with our buds. Took the scenic route home showcasing Detroit and avoiding e-way traffic jams. Came back to the ranch, hit the couch and was just plain laaaaaazzzzy. We'll get 'em next time Lions!!

Can't beat that for a Sunday funday! So, how was your day? xo

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Not nearly so good, although I watched the Saints demolish the Colts. I unfortunatly had a lot of work to get caught up on. Glad you had a good day, though.

Erik Donald France said...

Sounds pretty rockin'!

In TX, avoiding the World Series traffic, but met up with one of my sisters and her husband and took 'em around Dallas, eateries and the JFK "6th floor museum."

jodi said...

Charles-I have friends that are big Saints fans and I am somehow sucked into their fervor! Erik-You sound like quite the rockin' tour guide. Very fun! xo Thanks for the support guys and Happy Halloween!