Sunday, January 1, 2012

What are you doing New Year's Eve?...

It's with a deep sigh of relief that I can say that I have survived 'the holidays'. Not too much worse for wear other that the usual few pounds from constant indulgence and maybe some sleep deprivation. Both of which I plan to address a.s.a.p. Yes, the family, food and marathon partying are over for another year-thankfully. But, I will try to remain in the spirit of love and compassion that this time of year inspires.

I have never been a 'New Years' person. I abhor hall parties, bar parties and being out in general on this night that puts too much pressure on us all to be in high spirits. And I have long since given up on public announcements of resolutions for the new year. I prefer to think that my process is ongoing, and not something to be declared for one month out of the year. This New Year's Eve was once again spent with a few loved ones, quietly. I am looking forward to routine and rhythm that comes from regular day to day schedule. I will resolutely waddle into the gym and renew my efforts at good health and freeze all remaining cookies to be eaten as a treat and not a meal.

Plans to donate to my pet causes will continue, as I do it all year long. Looking forward to being able to run into Target and hear regular music and see short lines. Dreading the task of packing up 5 tubs of Christmas bling and shelving said tubs till next December.

But most of all, hoping to have a year as a blogger that is just as fulfilling and enriching as the past 3 years have been. It brings me joy to read your stories and I hope you get a kick out of mine. Let's learn and grow together in love and in hope for 2012.

Happy New Year!! All love, j xoxo

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm looking forward to going back to shorter lines. Even walgreens here has been insane.

the walking man said...

What lines, and cookies as meals...did I miss something other than CVS and their Folgers on sale? No worry there babe...I got two rainchecks for the coffee.

You know I am love personified so no sweat there and just in case you didn't know WED-SAT are all good days for coffee.

Erik Donald France said...

Howdy, Jodi ~ Happy New Year ~~!

My biggest concern is being in place for New Year's Eve before having a nip of whatever. The place can be home base or a faraway place, so long as it's a fixed place.

The flip of the years is always a little surreal -- even when doing nothing at all. Hard to wrap the mind around it.

rosegarden said...

Had a wonderful holiday season filled with so much fun with family and friends!!! Got a few cookies left to eat. Had a wonderful vacation. Got to celebrate New Years 2 times since we were in a different time zone!! Have a wonderful 2012 and hope to spend part of it with you!! god bless.

JR's Thumbprints said...

I spent my New Year's Eve waiting for my parents to come home from a party - not much excitement there. Still, I was able to rise early on New Year's Day and run my usual six-miles. Happy Belated New Year, Jodi.

jodi said...

Charles-1/2 off all holiday stuff at Walgreens!!! Mark-for buying coffee or meeting for coffee? xo Erik-I agree, totally. It's actually MORE contemplative when spent quietly. And the nip, of course, is imperative! Rose-it was a great year, wasn't it. Can't wait to here about your vay cay! J.R.-6 miles? You da man, babee! Hey ya'll 2012-full speed ahead! xo