Sunday, January 15, 2012

On and On...

Pictured here are four happy friends and one small Grouch(ie), and missing is the beautiful Beth who was taking the shot and Mark (the walking man) who was a bit under the weather. The booze flowed with the exception of one of us, who was dazzlingly over served the previous night-but we won't sip and tell! It's our bi-annual get together and yes, we did solve most of the world's problems while exploring our hopes for the coming year. Travel and writing were the wishes in general, or maybe just a good manicure!! Lots of catching up while reviewing books and movies recently enjoyed. Even a few toasts-mostly to us. Salut!

On this cold, lazy Sunday, let me share a quote that makes me think of the futility of trading happiness and health for money. It's something I have vowed to never do. The ever wise Dali Lama when asked what puzzles him, most answered this way:

"Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as he is never going to die, and then he dies never having really lived."

And really, what's money and even health, without friends to make your life truly rich? I am blessed. xo

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Humanity is my biggest puzzle as well. For many reasons. But you folks in this pic, and taking it, are the salt of the human race.

JR's Thumbprints said...

We needed Beth in that picture too! You're absolutely right, Jodi, friends can carry us through the good and bad times. Can't wait for the next get together (missed The Walkingman)and maybe next time I'll be able to answer Michelle's most personnal question about "what I am searching for". A little reflection never hurt anyone.

rosegarden said...

looks like a great time!! Nothing is more valuable than family and friends! Thankful to call you friend!! Have a great week and stay warm!!

jodi said...

Charles-why thank you! You do say the nicest things! I'd say it's southern charm, but I think you are really a genuine guy. J.R.- I know I give you shit, but it's because I think you are a great person that deserves so much more than you have been dealt. I, too, will be anxious to all get together again, but we can meet up sooner. Call you, soon. Rosegarden-Hey Friend, I hear the bossman worked you BIG this week. A little 'Ice' soon? Sounds good! Love you friends, you make life worth living. Love, j xo

the walking man said...

Oh well...there is always May.