Sunday, February 5, 2012

Are you Ready for some Football?...

It's Superbowl Sunday! XLVI to be exact. With plans in place, it has only just now occurred to me how easy it is to compare today's festivities with the seven deadly sins.


I'm invited to two parties and will split my time between them. The long pre-game nap I enjoyed most definitely had a SLOTH-like quality to it. Gambling is encouraged and I have my name on a few square in hopes of winning a quarter-although gambling is not officially one of the 7, GREED is a factor on my wishing to win. WRATH's will be considered. Fan's Edge allowed me to point and click and FedEx was happy to deliver, so I have a cool outfit for the day. (those little packages on my porch make everyday seem like Christmas!) But I digress. I think somehow, PRIDE could be considered as it is imperative that I have the perfect team t-shirt. My friends and party hosts have promised to have tons of great snacks available and I have been recruited to bring a vegetable tray and dip. Now, who the heck is going to eat that with chip, pretzels, meatballs and such at reach? Drinking is also perfectly acceptable on a Sunday- a day which I would normally abstain. I'm quite sure that GLUTTONY is pretty much covered here.


Let's not forget about the superb view, thanks to giant television screens, of men in spandex pants, cavorting about! LUST is inevitable. And the half time show has MADONNA!! I ENVY all things Madge. I have been sending her my 'white light' all week in hopes that she pulls it off without causing total criticism. When I actually attended the Superbowl a few years back, someone thought it would be a good idea to trot out the Rolling Stones. They were okay, but really a very safe choice. This year promises to be a little edgier with my girl throwin' down..


So, a day involving drinking, gambling, and sinning is being sold under the guise of 'football'. How very American.


Y'all know I could go on and on, but I'm off to do some major sinnin'. Please pray for me. Oh, yeah.. And go Giants!!!! xoxo

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

You made football even more fun by linking it with sin. Two of my favorite things!

the walking man said...

Missed the whole thing AGAIN! Damn but then I must have been doing some sinning somewhere.

Erik Donald France said...

I am ready for some more Tamara de Lempicka ~ ha ;->

Jodi, guessin' you had a blast. Yeah to the Giants ~ oorah ~~!

And how about that Clint Eastwood growl?

JR's Thumbprints said...

Absolutely loved that SKECHERS commercial with the bulldog backing his way across the finish line; reminds me of the last touchdown of the game.

jodi said...

Charles-It's true, isn't it? Mark-I'm sure you were! Erik-I adore Tamara and need to do some more reading on her. Clint DID growl up that ad! I realted more with the
Em one tho. I think the combo of the song and the Detroit scenes were a little more powerful. But, Clint..sigh..J.R.-The animal commercials are always the best. I love the dog that 'gets up offa that thing'! So my dear guys, I did come out about $150.00 dollars ahead with all my game squares! Yippee, Giants! xoxoxoxoxoxo