Monday, March 12, 2012

Kinky Reggae....

Arrrrggg, from the Marathon Seafood Festival! Dig my groovy little walking stick that may come in handy should I have to vote somebody off the island..or just become a tad bit over served! Seafood, art, great local bands and beer are the order of the day with pirates wandering about. I love this big party and look forward to it every year at this time.

Two weeks have come and gone and I haven't read a newspaper or watched the news. And I don't miss it at all. It's crazy how quickly a person can switch gears and get into island mode. I love the quiet head space and lack of any real routine, but as of yet, have not yet taken advantage of it, creatively speaking that is. Unless you count painting a sun porch and inviting shade of aqua. One would think with all this time and beauty around me that the creativity would just pour out of me. Yesterday in Key West, I even roamed the streets frequented by Hemingway (among others) himself, and still-I got nuthin'. Even blogging was a day late with no real organized thought. Maybe if I drank as much rum as the Papa, I could be similarly inspired, but being more a vodka girl, that's unlikely.

Maybe I will take a hint from Lola, who I see has found a spot in the sun to curl up and stare at the ocean. Looks like She has the right idea, which is NO idea at all. Y'all have a chill week, with St. Patrick's Day on the horizon, the Keys have another reason to party-as if the nightly sunsets weren't enough! xo

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Reminds me of a Frazier episode where Niles and DAphne go on a trip to the islands and Niles becomes "Island Niles."

JR's Thumbprints said...

My favorite vacation spot is anywhere away from the prisoners ... preferably a secluded spot. My folks were in the Keys a few weeks ago.

the walking man said...

Bring that big ass stick back here and throw some of these people out of da hood!

rosegarden said...

Love the walking stick!! Looks like you are having a wonderful time in the keys. We are enjoying some warm temps around here!! Could use a change of scenery myself!! Enjoy the rest of your time in the keys!!!

jodi said...

Charles-I have yet to catch that episode but I'm sure to concur! J.R.-You need a get away as much as anyone I know! Where in the Keys were Mom and Dad? Mark-other than my mad boxing skills-I'm more a lovah than a fighter! Rosegarden-I hear the weather back home is crazy warm. Good for y'all getting the jump on spring. Soon our lily's will be bloomin' at RSD!! xo Thanks for all your comments my Dearhearts and have a great week!!