Sunday, April 8, 2012

He is Risen...

Happy Easter everybody! I read some very interesting articles while trying to put my finger on what exactly Easter means. For instance that the word 'Easter' is actually the name of a goddess and that the determination of the actual Sunday of Easter is determined by the paschal moon!

My understanding of it is very simply, that Jesus died and then rose again to forgive us our sins. And prove for once and for all that He was the real deal! Since no one has ever done this before, we are forced to rely on faith and trust to be able to believe such a thing. And I do.

Jesus has not promised us that this life would be easy and has acknowledged that we would sin and fail, and hardships would be wrought- but would be forgiven thru him. It would be lovely to have our lives (on earth) be effected simply by how we live it, but such is not true. Bad things continually happen to good people. But we were not told anything different. The promise of happiness only comes thru eternal life-and we are able to influence that by our actions and our faith.

On this lovely Easter Day, have faith that all things happen for a reason-one that we will not get to understand until eternal life. I resolve once again to do my best to be my best. Trying to live with love and kindness every day until that day, as He has shown us. All love, j xoxo

P.S. Yes, I do swim with manatees! A mama, papa, and baby come begging for fresh water and lettuce and I cannot resist jumping in to play with them. I get a chance to connect with my inner mermaid. It's a wonderful and awesome experience and I do recommend it for you not faint of heart! xoxo

5 comments:

the walking man said...

It's all good Jodi.The simpler you keep your beliefs the better, for it is not a complex thing.

The connection is not with the moon but rather with the Hebrew tradition of Passover which is fitting.

I bet those are some happy ass manatees when they see you jumping in the water with them. makes me want to be a manatee.

Charles Gramlich said...

Happy Easter. Cool on the Manatees. There are supposed to be some in Lake Pontchartrain but we haven't seen 'em yet.

rosegarden said...

Easter has always been my favorite holiday. It gives me a chance to reflect and to give thanks. You look like you are ahving fun with the Manitees!!!

jodi said...

Mark, sigh, I am a simple girl-as you well know. Easter is the first Sunday after the Pascal Full Moon. The manatees do not seem to mind me jumping in with them; however, they are not NEARLY as huggable as you! Charles-keep an eye out for those loveable creatures. They truly are a marvel! Rosegarden-I love Easter too. You know I am pretending to be a mermaid-my fondest crazy wish!! xoxo to you all. Let the renewal of Easter wash over and heal you. Lovelovelove.

Erik Donald France said...

Sup-erb~~~~~!