Monday, June 18, 2012

Wild One...

It's been a very wild ride and I'm dancing as fast as I can.  In the past week or so, I have celebrated my son's birthday, my Granny's funeral, a friend's baby shower, and Father's Day.  What a mixed bag of laughing and crying.  Emotional fruit salad of sorts.  And marveling at the wonders of life. I caught up with almost everyone I am related to and the pre party at my sisters restaurant easily covered all my up north friends.

Gramma passed peacefully after making sure that we knew who she wanted as pallbearers and what she would like to eternally wear.  After that, she just went to sleep.  98 years old with no aches and pains and never having had a surgery.  The day she left us co-incidentally was on the birthday of her daughter-my Auntie Shirley, prompting more life connection theories.  Leave it to Gramma to make sure none of us ever forgot her day of passing.  I did a reading of a blog from 2012 that I wrote in honor of her 96th birthday to make sure everyone knew my details on her life.  It was a day filled with humor and dignity, much like she lived her life.

R.I.P. Granny, be happy, get Grampa whipped into shape and enjoy those Tiger games.

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I am glad that your grannny's passing was quiet. 98 years without a surgery. Wow. My condolences on your loss.

Erik Donald France said...

Jodi, I won't add much to what Charles wrote, but it sounds like a good life and a lot going on.

Cheryl said...

I didn't know you were doing a reading at granny's funeral. That is awesome. If I die before you, can you do a reading at my memorial service and make sure it includes something about our Blue Margarita adventures! Love you!

the walking man said...

That's my girl, great attitude about your grandma...so how's that tigers thing working out for you?

rosegarden said...

It has been an emotional time for me as well. I was fortunate enough to get to know your granny!! She was a wonderful lady!! Loved how she called us young girls!! God bless her and the wonderful life she lived. I am sure you did a great job reading your post for her 96th birthday!! Give my best to your dad and the rest of your family!!!

jodi said...

Charles, thank you. It's all good. Erik, It IS all good! Cheryl, I hope to never have to eulogize you, but if I do, The Great Margarita Debacle will be just ONE of the stories I share! Mark, you and I have very similar feelings about life and dying. x Rose, Granny loved Rosie! Give my Dad a hug when he comes in-he will love it. Thanks to all of you. Gramma rests peacefully. Happy July 4! xo