Monday, September 24, 2012

You Give Love a Bad Name....

Good Grief! What's this world coming to when Nordstrom's is pimping t shirts with whitetail deer on them?  The tines on the deer represent the approximate number of holes currently in my abdomen following my recent laproscopic surgery.  Yes, I was a surgery virgin until last Friday altho Mark, (The Walking Man), expert on all thing surgical and beyond, did his best to coach me thru it.  His tips regarding my impending nudity while freezing half to death while 8 people in masks view my 'regions' was very helpful.  My hiatal hernia experience came off without a hitch and I am home happily recovering, not too much worse for the wear.  My Mom is here nursing me along my recovery.  She's fabulously handy at cleaning, making casseroles and even cutting back my irises.  I think I'll stay uncomfortable for just a little while longer than necessary just to keep her here.  And to watch 'Dancing with the Stars' with me.  We both have that guilty (not really so guilty) pleasure and love to critique expertly (of course), while admiring all the hot euro trash in tight pants! Yes,please..
On a much different note, I want to give a jspot kiss and hug to friends Ben (sometimes commenter, BenJammin') and Dave, who's sons are both deer hunting in Youth Season.  And both of the boys are named Zach!  Ben's son, age 9 has already bagged his buck and the other Zach will probably get his very soon.  But the big nod really goes to the Dad's for the lessons they have taught their son's.  Firstly, the support it takes while the boys got their licence to hunt, and then hours while the shot is perfected.  Next comes time waiting in the blind teaching patience, dedication, and perseverence.  And lastly, the respect of mother nature all while bonding over some Father/Son time.  What a beautiful thing. Congrats guys.
 
Oh, just one more thing...How about that women going all 'Goodwill Hunting' and finding that painting for 9.99 at the local thrift store.  And then reselling it at an auction for 37,000.00!  How cool is that?  I love thrift stores and once found a 50 dollar bill in the pocket of a vintage tuxedo jacket that I had purchased. And another friend who happened on a very cool chess set that turned out to be solid ivory which she sold at a very solid profit on Ebay.  Whoo Hoo.  I'll be paying much more attention to the 'art' section of the stores in the future.
 
Any shway..got to get to my recovering..feet up, check.  Phone(s) within reach, check.  Ice water, Lola,  Ipad and blankee, check, check, check and check.  And to all of you Dolls, check ya later! Have a great week. xoxo

5 comments:

the walking man said...

Did they give you your underwear back?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out on the youth hunt. As a father it has been something I have been waiting for. I kind of felt like a kid before christmas knowing the presents are under the tree but I cant open them yet. I look forward to continue our family tradition each year and await the introduction of the out doors to my youngest son also when the time comes. I should be busy being a mentor for the next 10 years at least. I look forward to it.

Benjammin

Charles Gramlich said...

Glad you are recovering. I've got t-shirts with dear, wolves, and horses on them. I like that kind of thing.

rosegarden said...

Glad your surgery went off without a hitch!! I am sure nancy is loving the chance to fuss over you!!! Did she bake any bread or cookies? Both are so yummy. Sorry to see Pam Anderson go first(not)!!! Should be a good season of Dancing with the stars!! Looking forward to getting that walk in when you are feeling better.

jodi said...

Mark, no, but they were the hospital issues, granny kind, so no big whip! Coffee later this week? Benjammin-no probs,it was my pleasue. I think you and your kids relationship is to be admired and acknowledged. Luvja. Charles-thanks, I am fine. I bet those t shirts look great on you, especially the wolves! rosegarden-I loved having Mom here. She did not tempt me with the stuff I cannnot eat yet! Pam has many 'skills', dancing NOT being one of them! I should be getting clearance on Oct. 08, so I will be ready for a good walk and Mickey will be too! Thanks for the comments, you guys are the BEST!!! xo