Monday, September 3, 2012

September Morn...

Happy Labor Day!  Hope everyone enjoyed their 3 day weekend.  And what a weekend it was.  Family descended on the beach house and the weather was glorious.  Perfect for B.B.Q., boating, observing the 'blue' moon, bonfires and s'mores.  Niece Nicole 'celebrated' the full moon by losing her bikini bottom while jet skiing.  That girl does know how to get her party on!

But, yay!, now my favorite season is upon us.  Fall, or Autumn as I like to call it, is just around the corner.  The nights are getting cooler, the kids are back in school, and life seems to take on more structure.  As a creature of habit, this all bodes well with me.  As every change of season approaches, I like to treat it as another beginning.  A fresh start.  Time to re-organize my neglected house and recommit to a healthier lifestyle.  Put my yard to bed.  Be home a little more and catch up with correspondence. Cook a bit more.  Try out some new soup recipes. (well, maybe order them while dining out!) Visit my family up north and some friends down south. Watch movies that I've been wanting to see.  Get my hands on some good, crisp Michigan apples-McIntosh being my favorite.  Watch in amazement as Halloween stores pop up everywhere.  Plant some big purple cabbage thingies.  Smell that delicious smell of burning leaves. 

So, after one of the hottest summers on record, are you ready to embrace fall?  Any plans?  I'd love to hear 'em.  xo

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I was ready to embrace fall last fall. I like cool weather.

Erik Donald France said...

I love autumn/fall ~~! Moving around a bit, short travels, more interesting weather, all of it.

Can't wait until the election is over -- two months from now.

jodi said...

Charles-Me too! We have sweated to death this summer! Erik, keep me abreast on all your travels. You always go to the coolest places! Yes, the election needs to be OVAH!!!! Have a great week, buds. xo