Monday, October 22, 2012

Hold that Tiger...

How silly are Dane and I posing with two 'fatheads' of our two of our favorite players?  We had a blast at the game with those crazy things and even had a moment on the jumbo tron.  It may be my 15 seconds of fame...Go Tigers as you head into the World Series!  Make us proud!

It is with a giant groan that I am attempting to watch the presidential debate.  I watched the first one, missed the second one and am now viewing the third.  Anyone who has known me for 5 minutes or so, knows that I abhor politics.  I always have.  People just tend to get far too militant when the subject comes up and politics always bring out the worst in people. We all have our reasons for voting for who we support.  Things that effect our democracy is different to each of us.  As I watch, both candidates seem as smug as bugs in a rug.  Cheshire cats, patiently waiting for their moment in the sun.  I can't help it-I hate it.  Maybe it's my overall ignorance and I recall very little from my high school class designed to teach me the machinations of government.  As you can imagine, I could have cared less.

Am I proud of my lackadaisical attitude? No way.  Many of the people in my life have bothered to get involved and can surely talk the talk.  I just lack the patience and feel not knowledgeable enough to even have my vote count.  In 1976, my very first presidential election, found me leaning on my Dad for advice.  He follows all political everything and will patiently educate me if I will sit still long enough.  Why anyone would want the job of President of the United States is beyond my realm of imagination.  I'd rather dig a ditch.  But give me credit where credit is due, because the Lions game is on and also the game that will tell the tale for the Tigers and I am STILL trying to get thru the debate.

I realize that it's bubble heads like me that help shape the world as we know it.  I'm just more suited to frivolous details rather than ones that just about make my head pop off.  Too much he said, he said.  I pray that voters smarter and more educated than myself will make the proper decision. 

Any advice?  Let me know what you think.  And please forgive me, so maybe I can forgive myself.  xo



6 comments:

the walking man said...

I have advice...don't blow off your vote. It's all you have left. Vote for the common good. Beyond that just fucking vote.

Charles Gramlich said...

You're thinking about the issues and what you know about them. That's more than most Americans it seems.

rosegarden said...

We all need to excercise our right to vote! It is the only control we have. Those that don't vote should not complain. Can't wait for the political ads to be over!!!! Bless you boys this was not the year! It has been a wild ride with our Tigers!! Better luck next year!!

Erik Donald France said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erik Donald France said...

Hey Jodi, not everybody's into it, no biggie. Your ideal place of like-minded compadres might be Italy ~ they've changed govts. like 50+ times in 60 years. Instead, most Italians focus on food,, drink and enjoyment of life. Not a bad alternative.

We have the right to vote and we also have the right not to have to vote.

jodi said...

Mark, You are right, my dear. That's what it all boils down to.Charles-I try..rosegarden-I know, I know. And I hate the mudslinging, too. Our boys will be back next year to thrill us once again! Erik-How do you know me so well? Italy it is! I do love the way they think. Hopefully a blond, Norweigen girl can fit it. Love you, Dolls. xo