Monday, November 12, 2012

Girl Gone Wild...

As most of you know, I am THEE Madonna fan.  In one of my earliest posts, I outlined the uncanny parallels that make up our lives.  Totally sisters by another mother!  So when I heard last year that her 'Madgesty' was once again gracing us with her presence, I announced that we were going to the show no matter when or how much.  After all, it may be her last concert.  Oddly, it's the very same thing I said in 2006, which was the last time she was here.  Yeah.  I know.  Whatever....

On my 'virgin' experience in 1985, I was a single mother of a two year old.  It was all that I could do to scrape together the ticket price, find an overnight sitter, (thanks, Mom) and sport a totally cool, wannabee outfit.  It was a long day extending into the late night.  I sported big hair, heels and an armful of rubber bracelets.  Hours of dancing and signing and carousing Greektown left me energized and no worse for wear.  This time?  Not so much.

After drinks, dinner, drinks, dancing, drinks, snacks, drinks and walking back to our hotel, I was fried.  By 3:00 a.m. it needed to be over.  I was too full, too tired and my feet were killing me.  Just taking off my boots required a herculean effort.  Madonna delivered a strong show, but even she was only on her feet for 2 hours!  Try 10 hours, girl!!  The next morning, I croaked and was delivered "coffee", and began to come back to life.  Upon arriving home, a quick shower and a long nap put me somewhere in the normal range of living. 

Oh, I almost forgot the best part!!  Blogstar alert!! While shuffling out of the Joe, I ran into Trent from "Pink is the New Blog".  I noticed him, and introduced myself, telling him we have a mutual friend in Michelle, of  'Michelle's Spell' and that I read his post everyday. Trent warmly shook my hand and may I just say that he is MUCH more handsome in person.  What a doll and fellow fan!  I loved it..

It's with mixed feeling that I say that I almost hope it's her last tour.  Don't know if I could take it again!  I will make you a deal Madonna:  I will retire if you will.. Please girl, I beg of you.  My feet beg of you!  Don't make me survive another show, because you know I will.  Even if it kills me.

All hail the Queen-she rocks!!



4 comments:

the walking man said...

They'll let you in early Granny if you're in a wheel chair next time. And you better get the chair if you couldn't make the drive home and had to hotel it.

Charles Gramlich said...

about all I can say is....eek.

Erik Donald France said...

Cool, Jodi ~!

Well, the Stones may roll out for their 50th . . . can you imagine?

On the Madonna front, still thinking about the gold fountain she gave to Adams H.S., and the dude in Detroit who had taken pix of her when she was in college, not quite famous yet. All in a day's arc . . .

jodi said...

Mark-I'll give ya "Granny"! Yes, my tolerance has reduced as my age has increased! Charles-Madonna is most definately not for everyone. But she puts on a hell of a show. Erik- I saw the Stones a few years ago at the Superbowl. They had a few creaks, but still rocked it. She most assuredly 'worked' her way to the top. I love her grit, and of course, her glamour! My 3 amigos-you are the best! xo