Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Irreplaceable...

My Dad had been losing weight without effort and feeling fatigued alot in the last few months.  Upon finally having some tests run, it was determined that he had cancer.  The doctor told my Mom to take him home and call Hospice.  The meds would keep him pain free.  One to two weeks was all we could expect.

We have been here at Mom and Dad's since Friday and my Dad is hanging tough.  Ice cream is all that appeals to him and He mostly just sleeps.  Family and friends have been streaming thru here the whole time.  The situation is so unreal.  Last week my Dad worked a day and now he can barely move.  He has been having pleasant dreams and vision that seem to keep him entertained.  He has no fear of death and is looking forward to seeing his Mom and Dad.

Mickey keeps a vigil next to Dad's recliner just in case he wants to sit up for awhile and little cousin Evan keeps a hawk eye on Mickey.  Our neighbors are keeping us in all sorts of goodies and I am feeling fatter by the day.  There is not much else to do. 

So we wait.  And remember happier times.  Pray that he is not uncomfortable too much longer and I will keep you all posted.  xo

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hang tough kiddo.

Unknown said...

TWM^^^^^^up there I am signed into a different email acct.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this moment. Cherish the good days and relive his life.

May peace be with you and your family.

Luv BenJammin

Erik Donald France said...

Jodi, I'm sorry to hear that and send prayers your way to you and your Dad and the rest of your family.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Jodi, I'm sorry to hear this and wish I'd've known sooner (instead of being such a recluse). My prayers are with you and your family.

jodi said...

Mark, thanks so much for your call. I love the support and your warm words of wisdom. Ben-xo Erik-xo J.R.-xo