Monday, December 31, 2012

Locked out of Heaven...

Happy New Years Eve, friends.  Yes, that night is upon us again.  Many of you know that NYE is one of my least favorite nights to celebrate.  All that forced gaiety,  kissing of strangers, and evaluation of last year and hopes for the new year just has never been my thing.  Way too much of a change at failure.  Isn't the world hard enough without setting yourself up for that shit on purpose?  How about a little spontaneity here?  The planning for my NYE outfit was exhausting enough without deciding about my future year.  I mean, what's the point?  
  I'm very happy to be past the time in my life where I HAD to go out, just in case I'd miss something.  Like the new year would not dawn if I wasn't out there a ringin' it in.  Also, I abhor the always unflattering paper hat and the annoying noisemaker that some idiot hands out and insists we wear.  The deafening sound of kazoos at midnight seems like a horrible musical start to anything other than a kiddie parade.  And the hat is an awful fashion choice designed to make you even more sad as you are forced to endure Auld Lang Syne-quite possibly the worst song in history.  I'd rather hear Gagnum Style-KIDDING!!  The whole thing can go on without me.  No longer do I antagonize over hair, makeup, a date, and the perfect dress and heels.  I can do glamour on another night without all the amateurs!   Some friends have invited us over for a very casual get together.  Casual dress, snacks, kids(!), a bonfire and WII 'Let's Dance'.  If we have s'mores, it'll be perfect.  And tomorrow, without a hangover will be soon enough to try to scrabble a plan together for the new year.   Sound like a plan?  It does to me.  Now I just need to know, does glitter eyeshadow go with a sweat suit?  Hell yeah!  It's New Years Eve, Baby!
 
  P.S.  If you have not driven through Rochester, Michigan during the holidays, you are missing a big holiday treat.  As far as you can see, the storefronts on the main drag are covered in lights.  It's the coolest thing.  And the Perfect Margaritas at Rojo aren't too bad either!  See you in 2013 Lovee's xoxo!

4 comments:

the walking man said...

I was doing just fine sleeping with one of the dogs until the sons of bitches started with the gunfire. Freaked the big dog out she wanted out...yeah like that was going to happen. I let her out at 0230 and there was still enough drunk fools on the street for her to wake every smart person up.

I hate Fucking New Years Eve as bad as the 4th of fucking July.

Erik Donald France said...

Happy New Year, Jodi ~! Cheers ~~

In Texas, the sound of the bangs has upset goats and cows far out in some field in the thick fog . . .

Charles Gramlich said...

Strangely, Lana and I actually did go out last night, but just to our local small town's fireworks display. We had fun! And Lana got some great pics.

jodi said...

Mark, Detroit can make both of those 'holidays' scary, as well as loud and dangerous. I stay far away. Erik-poor goats and cows! Hope yours was jolly! Charles-sounds like fun and I love Lana's pic! Happy New Year to all. xo