Monday, December 3, 2012

White Noise...

Ever have one of those days when you piss yourself off?  Today I ripped off a fingernail that left me with 9 perfect ones and one short stub. Fabulous.  I got sunscreen in my eye and it burn hellaciously for a full hour.  I went to Lowe's for a new vent and forgot to measure the spot first.  Like a dumb ass rookie driver, I pulled up at the gas pump opposite of the side I needed to be on.  I realize these should not be events that rock my day, however, they can be very annoying.

So it was with great delight that I got my mail and found the latest book from Michelle of Michelle's Spell.  Also included were a cool picture montage of Mark, J.R., Michelle, Beth and Grouchie out on the town one night last winter.  Erik was missing in the pic so evidently he took the shot. The sweet note she penned me, was enough to make my day.

Hurriedly, I sat down and devoured her latest book of poems and may I just say that it's my favorite of her writings so far.  Some found me nodding my head in understanding and some had little twists that I did not see coming.  All were touching, and I felt immediately better just reading them and picturing darling Michelle conceiving, writing, and editing her work.

It's the little things really, and always.  The smell of a roast with potatoes, and carrots in the crock pot and the nudging of Lola while reading my friends writing can instantly elevate me.  And for this I am thankful and amazed.

Have an amazing week, friends. xo

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Glad things are looking up. I'll have to get Michelle's newest.

the walking man said...

It's all good Jodi, broken nails, gas pumps that are backwards and Brooks book. sounds like a better day than I have seen in a bit. But the sunscreen in the eye naw fuck that.

jodi said...

Charles-Crazy shit can just turn around when you get your hands on a new book! Mark-U are right-sunscreen in the eyeball is a bitch! Thanks as always guys, xo.