Monday, February 4, 2013

Heartthrob (Deluxe Version)...

13 years ago today, Randy and I stood before 6 of our friends and made the vow to stay together.  Hell, we had already been a couple for 7+ years, but now we had the paper and the name change-not to mention a few tax breaks!

It was a balmy day in Everglades City Florida on that day when we eloped.  A short ceremony followed by a champagne brunch and Key Lime pie and a couple of hours later we were in a boat zooming around the 10,000 islands and picking shells on small sandy islands.  That night at the Everglades Seafood Festival we gorged on stone crab claw and lobster tails.  The festival had two big name country bands and we count them as 'our wedding bands'.  Thousands attended our 'reception' and I'm sure all agreed that the food and music were superb.

What can I say?  We met cute, but that's a whole another post.  Randy accepted my (20 years ago) then 9 year old, and has raised him and loved him like no other.  The best of the best and even better.  And I have been loved, indulged, and treated like a queen-all while enjoying the freedom to still be me.  It is important to say that I had been single for a long time and had doubts that I would ever find anyone like him.  But life can throw you for a loop, at the very same time it throws someone special in your path.  Someone who fits. 

And fit we do.  Kinda like the perfect pair of good leather heels, worn with a big, soft, old sweater.  Comfortable, supportive, and warm and familiar.

It's been 20 great years and much has gone by as we have loved and learned in this thing called life.  And the adventure continues.. All my love, Randy.   xoxo

8 comments:

timclark.blogspot.com said...

Love It! Congrats! You guys r a great couple and even greater people! I cherish your friendship! T.C

the walking man said...

AWWW you kids! Just doing fine the way it's meant to be..here's to another 20 times 2.

Charles Gramlich said...

Congratulations to you both on a wonderful time.

Mona said...

wow! I had no idea you were married!

I'm glad you are happy : )

Anonymous said...

Congrats J & R....need to get together soon and have dinner. TTYL B & K.

Erik Donald France said...

Congrats, congrats ~!

Been doing family history and it's fun to learn that both sets of my grandparents eloped in the same town -- Elkton, Maryland. And a whole lot more like that going backwards. Love it ~ cheers ~!

Cheryl said...

Having known you and your wonderful husband for 18 years, I do know that you have been blessed with a wonderful man. I love you both so much and am so happy that you have the gem you do. You truly deserve it and he is a lucky man too. Love you both!!! xoxoxo

jodi said...

Timmy-I cherish and miss u! Mark-oh yeah, just a couple of crazy kids! Charles-thank you. Ain't love grand? Mona-I am blessed. Brian-Seems like we only see you two in the summer. Would like to rememdy that! Erik-Elopement back then? Wow, didn't think that was common at that time! Sissy-Don't make me cry-your words are so sweet. Love you too,Babe. And to all you darlings, I hope love and contentment to grace your lives. It's what makes life worth living. xoxo