Monday, February 18, 2013

Rosalita...

Oh for Pete's sake-where will the madness end?  Cousin Mike just couldn't resist the opportunity to catch me off guard while he took a little 'bite out of crime'!  Shameless opportunist!  This past weekend I have spent up north assisting my sister Lisa, Mom, some of Lisa's staff as well as some friends in giving the place a little face lift.  Rosa's Lookout Inn has been freshened up and painted as befitting any lady.  Sort of like a trip to the dermatologist for a little botox with a bonus stop off at Sephora for some new lipstick. And she looks fabulous!

Rosa's Lookout Inn is located in Spruce, Michigan and originally opened up in 1936.  My Grandparents held their wedding reception there, at about the same time.  My sister purchased the place and turned an old, tired business into a landmark.  Much money was invested in new bathrooms, kitchen and other things just to bring it up to code.  Her menu reads like a walk thru Tuscany with a wonderful steakhouse feel.  She has won numerous awards as the favorite Italian restaurant in northeast Michigan.  Her staff makes you feel right at home while serving up the best lasagna you ever tasted.  Always just the right amount of garlic and cheese!

But more importantly than just giving you a food and service critique,  Rosa's specialty is making you feel warmly welcomed and at home.  All of her staff treat you like family and take care to make sure that your experience is one that you will remember for a long time.  No detail is too small.

If you ever find yourself in northeast Michigan, be sure to do yourself a favor and stop in for a bite at Rosa's.  It's divine.  Mangia, mangia! xo

6 comments:

the walking man said...

With a 5-6k repair bill on the car and trips to A2 medcen I doubt I will be going anywhere much for awhile.

Charles Gramlich said...

I want to eat at that restaurant. Both Lana and I love Italian food.

Erik Donald France said...

I love it~! Rosa's Lookout Inn 1936 -- totally dig that. May they continue ever onward.

And yes -- funny pic :->

Mona said...

The picture is uproarious! But Italian food is not my favorite. can you imagine, I am still 'searching' as to what is so good about pizzas!

jodi said...

Mark, Ann Arbor? I'll be calling to check on you. xo Charles-It's soooo good! Erik-It's a good time for my family that come in and eat and drink like pigs while my poor sister sweats all the details! Mona- there is American pizza and Italian pizza. My sister makes hers in a wood fire oven. It has thin garlicky crust and fresh cheese, vegetables and meat. I bet you would like it!

jodi said...

Vi amo tutti. (I love you all!) xo