Monday, March 25, 2013

Girl of Glass...

Had a ball today doing the arty thing.  Friend Pam and I visited a local glass art gallery and took a class.  The studio is filled with light and gorgeous glass works by artist Stephanie.  I have played around with glass by doing mosaics and such, but never before had I fused glass.  With Nora Jones and Sade on the stereo, Stephanie gave us a short history on glass-it's been around since 500 B.C., followed by a tutorial in glass fusing.  I designed 8 pieces and observed as she fired them.  She then added bales to the glass allowing them to be strung onto a necklace.  I loved it and it was a total two hour escape from reality and I recommend art as therapy to anyone.  Try it-you'll love it! xo

4 comments:

the walking man said...

Well a sassy lass in class with glass...must have been a well rhymed two hours!

Charles Gramlich said...

The glass is half full!

Erik Donald France said...

That sounds really cool. I've seen glass blowing a couple of times, melting glass and glass art is mesmerizing.

jodi said...

Mark, I did not have gass, not to be crass! Charles-It's mostly always full! Erik-I love glass! I am so attracted to its color and reflection. How boring would our world be without the beauty of art! xo