Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mirrors...

 My last week in the Keys, finds me still aspiring to become a beautiful mermaid.  However, parts of me do not want to cooperate.  My hair refuses to become long and flowing and in fact needs a good salon treatment to prevent it from totally frying off in this heat.  I can go topless, (or totally nekkid) on my sunbathing deck but well, let's just say, that the old girls don't looks exactly like the ones pictured.  We are not even going there in regards to the tight little fishie bum!  And the sun does nothing to make my skin compare to hers.  Later today, when go snorkeling on the reef is the closest I will become to a Queen of the Sea.  Beeotch.  Sigh....

That will not prevent me from enjoying my guests as we do what we do while feeling smug that it's 20 something degrees back home.  So till next week, it's hot days and sultry nights.  Salt air and blue sky's.  And one old Sea Hag... xo

5 comments:

Pearl said...

But don't forget: the old girls get a special "lift" when in the water!

Pearl

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm sure there would be plenty of sailors who'd sail into rocks if they caught sight of you in mermaid outfit.

Erik Donald France said...

Lucky you ~! Great fun ~ hell, it's even Detroit skies in Texas today (and we need the rain here . . .) Cheers, Jodi, ye merry mermaid ~!

jodi said...

Hi Pearl, and welcome. Indeed the 'girls' do! I'll be stopping by your blog soon! Charles-You are the sweetest, thanks.

jodi said...

Erik-Many cheers to you too! xo