Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy Trails...

Twas the night before holiday
and all through this shack;
not a creature was safe,
as we tried to get packed.
Suitcases were stuffed
with the utmost of care;
with tank tops and shorts
to wear while we're there.

Lola will be happy
all snug in her truck bed.
While visions of fishies
dance in her head.
With Daddy in his Ray Bans
and an ipad in my lap,
and Lola cuddled up for
a 24 hour nap.

When suddenly I heard such
 an awful chatter,
I bolted upright to see what
was the matter.
Oh now I know,
I thought in a flash;
it's just the toll girl
demanding some cash!

Now I've officially left
behind the snow.
Temps are much warmer
five states below.
So on to the condo,
the courses we flew.
With a truckload of stuff,
and Lola kitty, too.

I sprang out the door;
and let out a whistle.
(And just what the hell is
'down on a thistle'?)
I've been heard to exclaim,
upon this great sight.
Ahhh, it's my bed,
hello and good night!

Okay, I've spared you fine folks my version of the originals missing verses.  You can thank me later. The cornball factor is high enough already with what I have wrote! 

Yes, we are on our way for the adventure south.  Bring on the BBQ at the Smokin' Pig in Valdosta and the fresh Mahi in Islamorada.  I am all set for some R and R!  Be comin' at you next week from Islamorada where the rum is cheap and the men are loopy.  I'll navigate it all as I always do.  Happy trails... love j   xoxo






















4 comments:

the walking man said...

Travel Safe and well and bring Spring back with you, Jodi.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like heaven is on the up!
Have immense fun.

Erik Donald France said...

All aboard for funtime . . . the smile says all . . . twas time for a getaway . . . cheers, Jodi ~!

jodi said...

Mark, anything for you, Dear. xo Charles-Oh, you know I will up the fun factor! Erik-I AM ready for a little vaycay-bring it on Baybee!!! Have a wonderful springing forward week, my friends! xo