Monday, April 22, 2013

Love shines Down...

Hello dear readers-I am finally home after a few 'earthy' days.  I've been up in Ossineke doing all things earth.  Monday afternoon I spent with my godchild's kindergarten class on their celebration of Earth Day.  We were read a story, we did an art project, they almost killed me in gym class and we studied and ate some things (fruit) that grows on trees.  I then had some intense attention from a princess, a mermaid, a doctor and some friends that gave me a little a friendly little blood pressure and reflex check.  Nikki is an awesome teacher and her little charges, all 23 of them, love her.  Thanks class, for an awesome afternoon!

On a totally different note, this morning we interred my Dad.  It was a sunny morning in an old, country cemetery where my Dad was  blessed from ashes to ashes and dust to dust, literally.  It felt completely right to end the celebration of  his life in this way.  Flowers and trees were beginning to bud and birds were chirping.  An old horse was just over the fence watching the proceedings as he munched fresh grass.  Dad was laid to rest with his wife, children, sisters and extended family witnessing.  Back to the earth-as it should be.

I am very introspective tonight as I feel tired and grateful to have experienced what seems like the full circle of life.  New life, old life and everything in between is wonderful and special on our wonderful, beautiful, earth.

Let's work together to keep it that way for generations to come. xoxo

3 comments:

the walking man said...

Sounds like a good couple of days to me.

Charles Gramlich said...

Such teachers are precious! Glad you enjoyed.

jodi said...

Mark, it WAS wonderful. Charles-She is so great and I am not predjudiced. I couldn't do it, but I am happy that she can! xo