Monday, July 1, 2013

Blurred Lines...

Happy July!!  It's with mucho enthusiasm that I welcome in my very favorite month.  It's 31 days of perfect summer and all that it entails.  July 04 is my favorite holiday and then the next week marks my Birthday Week.  The weather could could cooperate more, but other than that, it's all good.
 
After a nice long weekend at the beach house, I come home to be totally news starved.  We do not get newspapers up north and only have a television to watch DVDs and old VCR movies.  This weekend I caught the "Gone With the Wind" sequel aptly named "Scarlett" for about the third time.  I still love it.  But I digress...
 
Upon arriving home, I throw in a load of laundry and put away the refridgerables.  Reading the newspapers actually hurt my tired eyes so I just fire up the laptop to catch up on things.  Hmmm.... Charles Pugh was spotted at a coffee house in Seattle where he did not attempt to hide in the least.  Strange, with all the speculation about him here in Detroit. The annual Jobbie Nooner debacle on lake St. Clair started off with a man dying on the island as the festivities were about to begin. Surely alcohol was involved but a tragedy nonetheless.  Hope it gave some of the other revelers a cause to pause.  Jessica Simpson finally birthed that baby for being as pregnant as a whale for about 14 months or so.  She joined the celebrities who insist on a 'unique' name by naming the poor babe, 'Ace'.  Like celebrity parents aren't enough to live down!  Alec Baldwin went off on and now is apologizing for yet another rant.  Who the hell cares what that idiot says and how do we get him out of the news?  Just an offensive, self serving, puffed up idiot.  So, how do you really feel, Jodi?  Snookie has a new fitness routine and Miley Cyrus has publicly threatened her dad.  Niiiicccee.  That's what is to be expected when you take Yahoo hope page as your news source.  But I'm tired so lite news is all I can manage before getting a good nights sleep.  So that is what I aim to do.  I'll tackle the hard stuff with the stack of papers waiting for me in the morning-after coffee.
 
Have a wonderful July, friends.  I hope those million firework stands are not an indication of how many home fired ones we will have to endure.  And what is the point of blowing off fireworks during daylight hours?  Don't get it.  In fact I hate it.  I like my colors on July 4th evening at dusk.  A sky full of color that can make me oooh and aaahh for about 10 minutes and then I'm good for another year.  Stay safe and enjoy the holiday. xo
 
Oh, and a very Happy Birthday tomorrow to my 'little sister', Makayla who turns 8!  Have a wonderful day full of love and joy and we will celebrate soon. xo
 

3 comments:

the walking man said...

Lot of July babies! HMMMMMMMMMMMM no need what to wonder what our parents did to keep warm in the approaching winter.

Pugh--maybe a reprobate but ol' moms is making a money grab but can't until there is a criminal trial. Rest of the news--same old shit.

Jobbie Nooner---what can you say, kids don't know how to handle sex drugs and rock and roll anymore.

Wake up, have your coffee and i will now go outside in the approaching dawn and blow more smoke to the sky.

Charles Gramlich said...

I guess if I have a favorite month it would ahve to be October, my birthday month. July is a bit hot for me.

jodi said...

Mark-I haven't heard the word 'reprobate' since my Grampa used to say it! I think you are right on the Mom thing. And, yes, they are rookies on the sex, drugs and rock and roll!!! Charles, October is my second favorite month. Both summer and fall are perfect here in Michigan. Hugs to you my friends. xoxo