Monday, July 29, 2013

Stars Dance...

Can you believe that August first is on Thursday?  Where is our summer flying off to?  Are you doing the things that you looked forward to all winter long? 

Sometimes living in Michigan where we endure long winters, it's easy to daydream about just what we will do when it actually warms up to a temperature that allows us to do more than seize up and run for heat.  I always have visions of ice tea on the deck while enjoying a great summer read.  What's more real is the fact that my ipad gets a glare, I'd rather have a vodka, and sweating isn't really fun.  How about those 90 degree days?  It was like a sauna up in here!  I imagine hours of yard work with a straw had and garden gloves, tenderly caring for my plants.  In reality, I hurriedly weed and quickly plant new flowers.  Not a lot of love as I slam 'em in the ground before the sweat on my forehead blinds me completely.  Mickey has missed out on our walking path treks due to the fact that Michigan humidity rivals the Keys in July.  Besides, it's hard to walk and use my inhaler at the same time.  I've been out on the boat exactly once.  Life just got in the way of that one.  Denzel Washington has gone topless a few times, but it's even been to hot for a convertible-this lesson I learned while getting a little pink once in a 4 minute drive to the gym.  My goal of painting the beach house and staining my deck will probably be postponed till fall, allowing the paint to dry at a normal rate.  Some of the cooler nights recently has allowed me to enjoy stargazing.  I love it when it's clear enough to get that feeling of insignificance and wonder that the stars provide. 

So how about it?  What has your July been like?  Have you had a s'more?  Read a good book?  Enjoyed a bonfire?   Let me know how your summer is going.  I love to hear from you!  Happy August to you all, my friends. xo

5 comments:

the walking man said...

Well..I read 3 books, got into a minor accident with the MH, made it out of town for 10 days and came back to a house still standing, and that was all in the third week of July, now back to the same old same old. Be hot when it's hot and cold when it's cold and pretty much just stay where I am at watching the slum and wondering why no one cares that they do not have to live in a hovel.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I know I do the same thing I can't wait to get out there and plant my flowers, clean and paint my outdoor trinkets, edge, rake, put out all of my summer outdoor decor the list seems to go on and on. At first it doesn't faze me a bit but after a couple of completely exhausting weekends I am so done with that list! I saw on the news this is going down as one of the wettest summers on the books :(

Charles Gramlich said...

I've not spent a lot of time on our deck this summer. Too much humidity and too many skeeters, plus lots of inside work to do.

jodi said...

Mark, I'm happy that you got outta Dodge for awhile and that you found your home 'safe'. xo Jeano-It's crazy how we do that. Maybe we are getting O-L-D? Nah, we'd just rather do more fun things like read and such! xo Charles- I imagine that it's very hot in your neck of the woods. Maybe once fall comes you can enjoy the out of doors! Don't work too hard, Buddy. xo Happy August all y'all! xo

Erik Donald France said...

Summer's been good, though August super hot in North Texas so far.

Have been "vaping" lately.