Monday, September 2, 2013

Crossroads...

Happy Labor Day my Darlings!  Hope you had a relaxing, long weekend doing whatever makes you happy.  I had my traditional time with family, friends and food.  Ahhh, life is good and I am blessed.

Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending our friends, "up north, redneck" wedding.  Their words-not mine.  And it was a blast!  First we went to a small, country chapel I had never heard of in a small town with the same notoriety.  It was perfectly lovely-a simple ceremony where the bride and groom said the age worn smooth vows that can choke me up every time.  We then moved on to their cool-as-hell schoolhouse/house for the reception.  The dress was casual and four wheelers were a common mode of transportation.  The weather was perfect as was the barbecue feast of pig and corn on the cob.  And the open bar was none too shabby.  And what beats a luscious wedding cake?  It's one of my weaknesses (well, one of 'em)!  A giant bonfire was roaring and the hay wagon was circling giving anyone interested a tour of the property.  Horseshoes and jello shots both were met with crazy abandon.  A giant ice luge kept the vodka just above freezing.  At least that's what one participant TOLD me...Don't know where they found the dude on the guitar, but he was nailing every song he sung.  What a treat he was!  A cute, singing cowboy was the perfect touch.  As the guests trickled off, the newlyweds were able to retire to their favorite honeymoon spot-home. 

I am always honored to be a part of the special day that is a wedding.  And that day was no different.  Best wishes for a long and happy union for Natalie and Lee.  Stay in love, Dolls. xo

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like a wedding I could sink my teeth into.

Erik Donald France said...

All right~! Sounds *exactly* like a wedding party in North Carolina.

jodi said...

Charles-It was a blast-but then, you know me-I wouldn't have it any other way! Erik-In Ossineke also! These happy throw downs go on all over I suspect. Cheers, Buddies. xoxo