Monday, September 16, 2013

It's a Small World...

Holy bulging biceps Batman!  Here's the fastest and easiest was for me to feel like a petite, 'lil thing-park my cookies on Big Mike's lap! I'm instantly a delicate little flower.  Works like a charm and sure beats the hell out of Santa!  You can imagine my surprise and delight when I ran into my friend at our local bar/hangout up north last weekend.  Mike is the owner of the gym that I work out/socialize at.  It's a small world after all..

I think all of us have a crazy story of being at the same time and same place of someone expectantly.  I once ran into a friend at the dog track in Tampa.  Both of us were hopefully placing our bets when our eyes met.  Those odds were even slimmer than me winning anything big at the track that night.  Years ago, my cousin found herself in an elevator at the Pontchartrain with none other than Rod Stewart.  How cool would that be?  I've ran into Kid Rock and Uncle Kracker at non concert places, but hey, they live in the area.  Same goes for Anita Baker at the Caribou Coffee House in Grosse Pointe.  Bob Seger bought me a drink years ago. IN Alpena.  That was a little weird, but I heard that he had family in the area.  Sometimes when I have a wonderful day with grace and luck combined, I will say that the 'stars aligned' and offer up a little thank you.

John Green has this to say regarding 'coincidence'.  "It's hard to believe in coincidence, but it's even harder to believe in anything else."  I think I agree.

So what do you think?  Do you prescribe to coincidental thinking or just shrug it off to crazy cosmic timing?  Fate maybe?  Luck?  Kismet?  Have you ever had a situation that seemed to be one of these options?  Let me know whatcha think!

Have a lovely, blessed week, My Darlings and may all of your coincidences be happy ones! xo

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Lana and I were discussing coincidences yesterday. I have to conclude that the jury is still out on them for me.

the walking man said...

I don't know I have never had anyone "famous" nearby and since I doubt anyone famous is going to pass my no trespassing sign I doubt I will ever coincidentally run into anyone of fame or past.

Anonymous said...

You could of told him to roll his sleeves down and put away his guns! Deer season dont start till November. LOL

Benjamin

jodi said...

Charles-We may never know-too much perspective is involved! Mark-You have your very own 'star quality' to me! xo Anon/Benjam-Quell horreur! Those are my favorite kind of guns and the only ones I can correctly identify! Happy Fall Babes~! xo