Monday, May 12, 2014

Ladybird...

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I ventured up to Ossineke for our annual weekend to celebrate.  I love that we have a designated day to slow down and think about our mothers.  I am so lucky to still have my darling and healthy Mom to spend time with.  And the rest of my immediate family that live so close nearby. 

Upon arriving back home, I was treated to crab legs and wine for dinner.  Dane got me the most beautiful card and then wrote some lovely added sentiments.  It is nice to appreciate and be appreciated and as I get older, it means more and more to me.

Whether you are a Mom, a Grand mom, an adoptive mom, a pet mom, or a mommy figure-no words can adequately express what we feel for our mothers.  Hope you all had a chance to spend time with or enjoy a memory of your mom.

After all, where would we be without them?  Happy Mother's Day to all you, with much love. xoxo

Also, we cannot forget to pray for or at least think of the mother's of the Nigerian schoolgirls.  Their anguish and fear is something we never need to experience.  I can only imagine how terrified they must be.  I pray for resolution soon.  :(

2 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Jodi, to your Mom and to you and to all Moms -- huzzah ~!

I'll drink to that ;->

jodi said...

Erik-thank you for the shout out. And cheers to you Doll! xo