Monday, August 4, 2014

End of the Road...

Yes, this week, I can be found at the 'end of the road'.  In the Keys of course.  I spent the day-hot as it was-in Key West.  Shopping and wandering and having a customary margarita at the Bull.  Okay, 2 margaritas!  Dig this old pic from back in the day with the old gang at Sloppy Joe's.

On Wednesday, the Florida lobster season officially opens.  We have flown down for a quick 9 days and plan to grab up as many of the sweet treats as possible.  It's been HOT, 103 degrees in Key West today and occasional rain, which makes it feel like an outdoor sauna.  But what can you expect in south Florida in August? 

This trip isn't about the weather or even the lobster.  For me, it's just a necessary change of scenery and routine that I hope will bust me out of the funk I have been feeling.  I realized a strange thing, tho.  I have been doing some MAJOR bed hopping.  Yep, bed hopping.   Let me 'splain.  Last Sunday night I crashed out at the beach house.  Monday night found me back home.  Tuesday, I took Mickey to my Mom's and spent the night in Ossineke.  Wednesday and Thursday I was home again.  On Friday night, I enjoyed a wonderful night's rest in Miami and then on Saturday, I was in the Keys.  Whew, I wake up in the morning not sure where I am and even worse, in the middle of the night I get completely confused!  Stubbed toes, spilled water bottles and bumping into wall as a result.  Keeps a girl totally off guard...

I'll catch up with y'all next week when I will have the 'lobster report' to share.  Wish me luck!  xo

5 comments:

the walking man said...

You don't need luck girly, you need a flashlight at night so you can tell who's bed you hopped into. have a claw or two for me.

Charles Gramlich said...

Fun in the sun!

jodi said...

Mark-I am a world class bedhopper and I use nightlights! Charles-yes, sir!! xo

jervaise brooke hamster said...

I want to bugger Miley Cyrus.

teddy crescendo said...

Every geezer in the world wants to bugger Miley Cyrus, THATS A GIVEN ! ! !.