Monday, August 25, 2014

Hurray for Hazel...

Hello friends and may I introduce you to my grand kitty, Hazel.  Along with Mickey, I have inherited her as another pet.  No, she does not have eyes like Max Scherzer, she is in fact blind in one eye.  Dane rescued her from a shrub on Hazel Street-hence her moniker.  She's slightly skittish, being feral and all, but she seems to be adjusting well, and I get a kick out her in the absence of Lola.

  I love all animals and in a perfect world I would own pigs, calf's, monkeys, ponies, goats, llamas, and many others.  We would live on a farm and I would have many hot, half nekkid farm helpers to feed and groom them.  I would pet, snuggle and love on 'em all without all the dirty work.  My idea of paradise!!

So I guess my question is this:  are you a cat lovin' person, a dog lovin' person, both, or neither?  And, have you ever had a favorite pet?  Let me know!

Have a wonderful week.  Can you  believe it's the last week of August already?  And a belated Happy 30th. Anniversary to our dear friends Lori and Ivan.  They celebrated last weekend with a lovely party, and I marvelled at how they are barely 50 and already at this milestone.  Stay in love my dear friends. xoxo

9 comments:

teddy crescendo said...

Jodi, what do you have for Christmas dinner ?.

Charles Gramlich said...

Years ago we got a kitten that had been born feral. She never really calmed down her entire life. she'd hardly ever let you pet her.

Cheryl said...

Sissy, I grew up with cats and have always been a cat lover. I never even considered myself a dog lover until Miss Mia, the black long haired mexican beauty came into our lives in 2007. I instantly fell in love with her, enough so that I decided to rescue a Chihuahua in 2013. I love my little girls and can't imagine my live without them, even though Molly the rescue is not with out issues. I guess you could call me and cat and dog lover!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I am a cat lover. But I like dogs too. I prefer the little ones. When I was about seven a German Shepherd attacked me so I instantly freeze up around big dogs. Although my Dad loved dogs and we always had one. Some were big, some were small and we usually had a rescue dog in the mix. I guess because they were our dogs I was never afraid of them. But my grandchildren are trying to break me of that. They are both dog crazy. I always tease my grandson that he thinks he is the dog whisperer because he thinks he is in tune with every dog he meets. And like Dane he wants to rescue them and has. Dane knew I loved cats. He bought me a mouse pad with a picture of the cutest little kitty on it. It got all dirty and worn out but I keep it cause he bought it for me. I still have it. So of course it means to the world to me. Thanks Buddy. I love and miss you so bad.

steve prefontaine said...

Jodi, you know that geezer who runs that site called "The Walking Man", i think he made a mistake when he decided to throw Jervaise Brooke Hamster off of the site, i think those two could have become one of the greatest comedy double acts that the internet has ever seen, do you agree ?.

the walking man said...

The anonymous got boring to me Jodi. That's why if you want to comment on TWM you have to provide a link back Steve Prefonatain.

Jennifer Croissant (with 12 sugars in her coffee ! ! !) said...

Boring ! ? ! ?, you must be joking my old mate, Jervaise Brooke Hamster is a comic genius and surrealist of the highest order and calibre.

jodi said...

teddy-ditch the anonymity and I'll tell ya. Charles-Awwww, sometimes they are like that. Hazel is quite affectionate and even sleeps next to me. Cheryl, I think you love all animals! Jeano-Wow, didn't know that you had a dog fear! How awful. I miss him, too. xo Please do not comment anonymously. It's boring, and not even a little creative.

Erik Donald France said...

Three cheers for Hazel ~!