Monday, January 19, 2015

CoCo...

`1
Happy Martin Luther King Day.  Respect and kudos to the man who dreamed of fair and equal consideration for all of us.

How is everyone's January going?  Believe it or not, January is one of my most favorite months.  No, not for the weather, but for the unscheduled time.  December finds me very socially active with holiday parties and family time.  I eat, drink and be way too merry, leaving friend Kurt the tough job of workin' my chub off.  I swear I will get off the extra weight just in time for the holidays next December!  But until then, I wear layers and fleece for warmth and 'camoflage'.

For a month, I do not mind the short days.  It seems all right if I don't even leave the house some days.  Reading by the fireplace is a normal and regular indulgence.  I make chili and stew and other comfort foods, taking advantage of whatever is in the freezer and pantry.  When it gets dark at 5:30 p.m., the candles I light give the house a cozy look while hiding the fact that all I did was work out and then read all day.  Without the guilt of yard work hanging over my head, I catch up on all the movies I have on DVR.  I shop, (mostly on line) for end of the year sales and then delight when the packages show up on my porch.  Sasha Fierce and her wide slicks are my excuse to avoid slippery roads and procrastinate appointments till the salt on the roads has done it's job. 

And lists.  I love my lists.  To do's, to calls, to read, etc..  Scouring Pinterest for art ideas, new ways to festoon my outdoor planters and ways to better organize my garage is a wonderful thing.  I even actually will do some of them. Yesterday I painted with alcohol inks for two glorious hours.  I even sometimes knit and crochet, enjoying the warmth of the yarn on my lap.

This comfort zone of hot chocolate and down comforters will leave me very content until sometime in February at which time I will get cabin fever and start moanin' and groanin' about the very things that I was enjoying.  A trip up north and preparations for the Keys visit will get me thru till March.

How are you spending your winter?  Love it or leave it?  Let my lazy self know!  xoxo

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

We actually had a nice and pretty warm weekend and got out to see nature. Loved it.

jodi said...

Charles-I know! I have enjoyed seeing some of Lana's beautiful work! xo