Monday, October 12, 2015

Heartbeat...

I try not to make this weekly blog thing just about the things I've done it the past week.  Nobody needs to read about the minutia of my world.  But this past weekend was pretty damn special.    A family wedding, found my sister and my Mom traveling south of Standish to join me in the festivities. Lisa and Mom got here on Friday in time for lunch.  After unpacking their car we settled in for some serious catching up.  I always am interested in the news happenings in Ossineke as well as my sisters restaurant, Rosa's.  I was thrilled with all the wonderful lettuce Lisa brought me from her greenhouse and the 10 quarts of tomatoes that my Mom had canned for us.  I love these little tastes of home.  Soon it was time for cocktail hour.  Randy got home from work and we sat down to the lasagna dinner that I was brave enough to cook for these two wonderful chefs.  I am a nervous cook, but all seemed to enjoy my dinner.  With a big day ahead, we retired early.  On Saturday we were up early and out the door to do some shopping.  I rarely shop on weekends, but I gamely chauffeured Mom and Lisa around town.  We laughed and had a ball over nachos and margaritas.  It was then that I realized that the lines had blurred a little.  We were not only family-but good friends.  Soon it was time to leave for the wedding.  Weather wise it was a perfect day for an outdoor wedding.  I love this side of my family and there they all were, turned out in tuxes and finery.  We enjoyed being part of the lovely ceremony and reception.  Hours were spent catching up with those we never see enough of.  We even danced a little.  On Sunday, we did a little more shopping and then came back to catch a movie we had been wanting to see.  Later we went over to Mac n Ray's for dinner.  Coming home, we sat at the kitchen counter/bar while I whipped up some cookies.  I can hardly believe that after 2 1/2 days, we still had stuff to gab about.  This morning, Mom and Lisa packed up and  headed back home.  Today and tonight, my house is strangely quiet.  I miss them already and look forward to Thanksgiving when we will be together again to feast, drink wine, and catch up on each other's world.  I am here to tell you that absence does make the heart grow fonder.  My family is my support system and I couldn't do it without them.  I feel very blessed.  Congratulations to my darling cousins, Aubre and Sean.  You are beautiful and I wish all the love and happiness to you both as you start your life as man and wife.  The day was superb and my heart is full of joy from seeing all my family.  Love to you all.   xoxo
 
 

3 comments:

the walking man said...

Oddly enough I feel the same way about my family, even though very few of them be blood kin.

Charles Gramlich said...

Good family and friend time is needed. Sounds like you got a good dose.

jodi said...

Mark, family is family wherever you find it. I miss you. Call me! xo Charles-Yes, it's the best. We had a blast!! You two Dolls have a wonderful week! xo