Monday, October 5, 2015

Hands of Love...


The topic of this week's post is very near and dear to my heart.  This week is National Mental Health Awareness week.  I'm sure everyone reading this knows someone in their family or circle of friends that is or has dealt with mental problems. 

I have been on this soapbox for years and I do not need to rant on again here.  Just let me say if you know someone who is suffering, encourage them to get help.  It could be an evaluation by their regular doctor that could lead to a recommendation for a psych doc.  Some churches offer counseling.  There are support groups that are very, well, supportive.  There is much to learn as a patient or caregiver.  Sometimes just being a good listener can help someone who is suffering.  Do what you can, but most importantly do not ignore. 

If you would like more information, look up National Alliance for Mental Illness.  N.A.M.I. is a pet cause of mine and I am happy for the awareness that they are bringing to the world. 

Thank you, one and all for allowing me to run my personal service announcement.  Have a safe and healthy week.  Love to you all.  xo

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Absolutely. I wish everyone would think this way

the walking man said...

We'll never again have real treatment options for most Americans with mental health issues, as the lunatics running the asylum know they'd be the first ones sent to lock down treatment. And no I am not joking.

Erik Donald France said...

Amen, Jodi ~!

Good for people to listen to each other, and to also help directly or indirectly so that fewer feel isolated and alone, which can be a form of hell.

jodi said...

Thank you for the support, Charles. Mark-The system is definitely broke and I hate it. I need to see you! xo Erik-isolation is truly a problem in regards to depression. Nothing like feeling alone to worsen an already bad situation. Hell on earth, for sure. I love you guys for being so supportive to me. You are simply the best!!!! xoxox