Monday, February 22, 2016

Hard Sun...

Apparently there is a national day for EVERYTHING..  Sissy in law Cheryl was only too happy to remind me that today is National Margarita Day.  Yes, with her own birthday falling on Cinco de Mayo she is the margarita queen.  Yes, she has the official machine and yes, she uses premium tequila.     (Yes, life IS to short to drink cheap tequila!)  We don't even have to discuss the potency and effects of her special frosty treats.  Remind me to tell you about the ill fated "Blue Margarita Booze Cruise" sometime.  I remember some of the details....

 But with a whopping calorie count, I usually limit myself to a couple.  Not to mention that mouth- happy feeling of fresh tortilla chips and salsa that usually accompanies the drinks.  And melted cheese.  And queso, and guacamole....

Tonight, after a busy day, I'm totally "one and done".

Anyone else attached to margaritas and or good Mexican cuisine?  Do you have a margarita or even a good tequila story for me?  Do tell, 'ole!!!  xo

4 comments:

the walking man said...

Never cared much for Tequila or mixed drinks in general but that one looks potent enough to make me bend a rule. One and done? Aging just isn't fair is it?

Charles Gramlich said...

So the phrase, "wasting away in Margaritaville" does not mean that he was losing weight? Another childhood dream shattered.

Erik Donald France said...

Excellent, Jodi ! Great wintry photo ~ Mexican martinis are pretty good, top shelf anything. Agreed, as Christopher Hitchens used to say, "cheap booze is a false economy."

I'm careful with tequila, as far as quantity.

jodi said...

Mark-Aging is not for the weak. I hate it that I'm such a lightweight with alcohol these days. And the hangovers are not worth it! Charles-Oh, there is plenty of 'wasting away', just not on the waist! Now, if I could just locate that lost shaker of salt! Erik-C.H. is right! How about Oscar saying "Work is the curse of the drinking class." I love him! And yes, a little of the worm goes a long way! xoxo My darlings!