Monday, July 25, 2016

Sign O' the Times...


Please, I beg you; make it stop! My brain hurts and I'm about to bleed out my eyeballs.  Do I have a painful migraine you might wonder? Nope, just me endurin' the politics.  And I hate it.

To me, political opinions are a private matter.  Depending on how we were raised, personal beliefs and exposure, we all believe it what's right for us personally.  It's like religion to me-also personal.  I do not force my beliefs on you and I prefer you do the same for me.  When those guys sweating in their suits ring my doorbell, I politely tell them that I respect them for their faith and ask for the same respect back.  My facebook, ideally a polite cocktail hour kind of conversation is full of people blowing their chosen horns.  And it can get ugly.  There is not one thing that I read on 'fake' book that will change my basic beliefs.  Stop it already!!

I have endured the conventions, in fact it's on in the background tonight.  And I can say that it's worse than a playground fight.  Mud slingin' and classless.  People just worked up into a frenzy!  How are we ever going to stand united with words like 'black voters',  the 'gay vote', 'rich people', etc.  Sound bites, he said/she said.  CNN and FOX.  Tearing each other down to make the other look bad. Who can you believe?  Grandstanding and pontificating.  And why do the speakers have to act like 60 year old cheerleaders dragging out each word?  IIIIIIIIIIIIIII     WILLLLLLL  BEEE  GREEAAAT! 

Really, cuz you sound like an idiot!

From my sparkly bubble a different picture would come into view.  I wish we could just have a King and Queen.  Maybe monarchy with princesses!  On white horses!  Wearing cool hats and waving like prom queens.  Darling children to admire.  They wouldn't dream of shouting hoarsely into the mic.  There would be decorum and class.  People would be nice to each other.  We would work for the good of all of us.  With respect and compassion and love.

Hey, I can dream, can't I.  For now, I'll just take two Tylenols and hope for the best. 

3 comments:

the walking man said...

I have to agree this has been a very noisy and smelly political season, but my only hope, regardless of the outcome is that stink is finally blown out to sea and some calm rationality re-emerges. Facebook is good for about three hours of daily entertainment (including an hour playing slot games) but this political ranting has increased my blocked list by no fewer than 15 for the continued diatribes and memes. You know I like a good argument but "fuck 'em" if they keep chewing my ass for what is my perceived politic.

Charles Gramlich said...

Each year I think it can't be more unpleasant than last year. I've been wrong every time.

jodi said...

Mark-I HATE IT! People don't want to face the truth of your opinion. Block their asses!

Charles-It's nothing short of gross! Let's talk about books! Love you two! xo