Monday, September 12, 2016

Runaway...

Recently, I spent a weekend up north hanging out with my darling nieces who were visiting from San Jose.  Soon they are moving to Japan for two years, so I wanted to spend some time with them before they leave.  We went fossil hunting at the Rockport Quarry, worked on some arts and crafts and snacked-a lot!  I watched as they patiently fished and caught a few small ones. Aeyrn and Ellie are polite, bright and loving little girls.  They speak two languages and play violin and piano and also dance and ice skate.  I'll be excited to see what they pick up living in Japan.  Congrats to my nephew, Jacob on his promotion.

On another topic, tonight finds me exhausted after the weekend at the beach house.  Last night, we fell asleep to a movie and woke up with the screen door open a little and Hazel out and about.  Flashlights and calling her did no good at all.  We left the door open and I slept on the couch hoping to hear her come back in.  Around 1:00 a.m., I somehow woke up to her strutting in with wet paws and cold fur.  Evidently her adventure was over and she was back no worse for the wear.  The whole thing could have ended horribly and I'm so happy that it didn't.  She's usually a very good kitty but sometimes her curiosity gets the better of her.  And we all know how that can end!

Needless to say, I am exhausted tonight and can't wait for a good nights sleep.  I seem to be needing more and more all the time.  Guess I'll scoop up the little furball and hit the hay.  That's all the adventuring she's doing tonight!

Have a good week and enjoy the nice cool nights.  xo

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool for them to get some time to live in Japan. that's very nice.

jodi said...

Charles-Yes and I hope to visit them sometime! Have a good week, my dear. xo