Monday, September 26, 2016

One Love...

Hello my Lovelies.  This week I am feelin' the love from my birth town, Alpena.  On Saturday I was honored to be a part of the Alpena Book Festival held downtown.  As I drove along gorgeous State Street, preparations were being made for the Tunnel to Towers event honoring the firefighters, military and first responders that were the hero's of September 11, 2001.  The signage, banners and balloons were just a small part of the scene that hosted over 600 run/walkers.  I only wish it wasn't the same time as my book festival obligations.

Also being held was some sort of Folk Music Festival along with the Farmer's Market featuring 'Kid's Day.'  A huge pool was set up so the children could experience kayaking along with sampling fresh vegetables.  Wonder which event was the favorite?

Historic, beautiful Alpena was poppin' with action as Blue Phoenix and Olivet Book Store, George N. Fletcher Public Library along with Cabin Creek coffeehouse, The Loft,  Thunder Bay Winery, and Fresh Palate opened their doors to authors and bibliophiles alike. (Please forgive me if I've forgotten anyone.)  On that perfect fall day, the weather was sunny enough that the open, big garage doors on two storefronts, allowed the crowd to easily mingle. The hosts of the festival were accommodating as well as warm and welcoming to all of us.  I was proud to say that of the 23 authors, I was the only one born in this wonderful town.

I can't help but wish that everyone could feel the 'Alpena experience', and I was reminded of a favorite children's book called "The Little Engine Who Could."  Alpena is the little town that DID and I am proud to own it as my hometown. 

Thank you all for the support and love.  xo

P.S. Rest in Peace, Travis; a life lost too soon.  I will pray for God to hold you in his arms. xo

6 comments:

^.^ said...

Hello from Alberta, Canada ...Thanx 4 Ur visit at ma blog ... nice place U have here ... smiles ... Love, cat.

the walking man said...

Alpena--one of the places North of the burbs I have actually been too more than once.

Unknown said...

......makes me extremely homesick.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like a very positive, family oriented time.

Erik Donald France said...

Awesome, Jodi ~ I can picture it. Wonderful vibes.

jodi said...

Hiya Kitty Cat! I'll be over for a visit soon! Mark-it's a wonderful place. Kevin-I know..sigh....Charles-it is! And very 'bookish'! Erik-Tres' cool! Have a wonderful week my darlin's. xo