Monday, October 24, 2016

Shout out to my Ex...

Yo Adrian!  Folks, (isn't that a quaint old word?) you are witnessing the end of an era.  After 15 years of driving Mustangs, I've decided to make a change. And by God it wasn't easy.  Much deliberation was had before I made up my mind and committed to the order.  My girl Sascha Fierce took the old one/two punch as I purchased my new 'Italian Stallion'.  Not really-I never would allow my old girl to take the sucker punch! 

Meet my new ride-Mr. Rocky Balboa. Rocky or Rocco for short.  Given that I've recently discovered my Italian heritage, I decided to give my Jeep the nod and honor him with a little 'Italiano' flavor.  Feeling like I wanted a larger vehicle with still a convertible option, I arrived at this little beauty.  I have owned two Wrangler's in the past so the ride is not really knew to me, and my brother, Steve, car salesman extraordinaire gave me a hot hook up.  I admit to missing some of the bells and whistles that I've become accustomed to, but I enjoy sitting up higher and even feel a little safer.  However, today I experienced a very traumatic incident.  I found my self sitting in the front row at a red light with four lanes of traffic.  The light turned green and I was NOT the first one out of the gate.  Pony power, Rocky does not possess.  Grrrrrr.....rrrrrr, I hate when that happens and I still harbor a latent 'need for speed.'  Oh, well; I'm sure I'll get used to the reduced horsepower. And maybe have a few less speeding tickets.  Maybe....

So, if you see me on the road, give me that cheesy little 'Jeep wave.'  And don't be offended if I try to pass you at the light.  Have a great week my Darlin's!  xoxo

5 comments:

the walking man said...

Needs as big a tire as will fit under the wheel well and owner not worried about the paint. Good-by FL and hello way north Quebec.

Charles Gramlich said...

That's a pretty big change!

jodi said...

Mark-I have no idea what you are talkin' about. Goodbye Florida? Never! xo Charles- I'm loving it! Have a good week you two Sweeties! xo

the walking man said...

Northern Quebec is about the last un-trampled, not overly polluted area of the continent. It is the place of eagles and falcons on cliff faces and where the fish actually still jump for food in lakes you can drink from. It is also the place of a decided lack of concrete and asphalt. Mind you I am talking 1000 or more mile N or Montreal. What good is a 4x4 if you don't use it?

Erik Donald France said...

Jeeps are cool, as are Mustangs. Two of my favorite makes.

I remember driving a Jeep down to the North Carolina beaches from Chapel Hill.