Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Beach Baby...

It's back to life, back to reality for me this morning.  After getting in late from a quick vay cay on Cape Hatteras National Seashore, I feel rejuvved and ready to get my week rockin'. 

Can I just say that I love, L.O.V.E the beach?  I spent hours reading and walking and wading in this gorgeous stretch of sea and sand.  I fully understand the lure and power it has over me.  It simply brings out my creative side by wiping all of my cares away and opening up more organic possibilities.  With the stresses and cobwebs removed, I envisioned art projects, writing themes, resolutions and simplicity.  The sound of the crashing waves and sea birds that threatened to lull me from my book to drowsy land.  The heady smell of humid, salt air.  The blue and white sky that begs me to try to capture it on canvas.  The laughter of the children splashing in the surf tempting me to join in the fun.  The warm sand beneath my feet as I walked picking up shells, stones and sea treasures.  The gorgeous pampas grass with their plumes gently swaying, as well as views of the stately cape style homes with their simple, weathered gray facades.

Cape Hatterahhhhhhsssss....my favorite stretch of beach.

Today its the mundane-bills, groceries, laundry and such.  Although I sometimes picture a simple life on the beach, I wonder if an everyday beach experience would take away the feeling of the special place that is the seashore for me.  Don't know, but I think I would like to find out. 

How about you?  Where's your special/happy place?  Let me know!   xo


4 comments:

Therese said...

Sitting next to you on that beach. Walking next to you ... and dreaming next to you. Love you!

the walking man said...

The happy places have all been corrupted.

That aside, you like to paint? I have a friend who is having a paint party on 10/5, canvas & paint supplied---details on FB--https://www.facebook.com/events/300443623681589/

Tracey is good folk, you'd like her as a mutual blond.

Erik Donald France said...

I love the beach . . . and cities like Madrid and Lisbon . . . and just about anywhere in Ireland . . . and mountains . . . the only thing I wouldn't like is feeling trapped, such as in a one-way spacecraft to Mars. . . I'm guessing that the beach would make for a fine base of operations, except for during big hurricanes and terrible tsunamis, good time for a trip to somewhere else!

jodi said...

Therese-You make me tear up. Can we please do this very thing soon? (P.S. our husbies can fish!) xo Mark-No, there are still happy places if you look. I love to paint and will plan to do this sometime. xo Erik-Mars? What the hell for. Give me the beach and fresh air anyday. We got out of Cape Hatteras just in time! xo